Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

· Registered
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting a 60# bow for ages now. For some reason I would like to get something
new in the 80# or above range...I don't need it as I am not hunting large African game but
there is something in me that wants a big draw weight bow.

Anyone one else want one? or can justify getting one? even if you don't really need it.

· Registered
286 Posts
I am now up to 70 pounds on my 70 pound bow but not sure 80 is the right thing to go for next. If I exercised like Cameron Hanes, then I would go for a 80 pound also. But I sit at a desk all day. But I do shoot everyday to keep in bow shape.

· Banned
18,714 Posts
Nope...I went the other way started at 70lbs 28 years ago, then 67lbs, then 65 now at 62/63 lbs and shoot better for doing so .... I dont plan on going back up....

· Registered
20,495 Posts
I'm still going to keep the #60 I have but I want to shoot some bigger poundage's while I
still can I guess. Must be a mid life crisis of some sorts :eek:
Just buy a Corvette or chopper that should help lol.
I get ppl at the range all the time say hey what draw weight do you shoot and most of the time I'm shooting my 50lber at range and I say 50lbs they are like wow at ur size I figured you be shoot atleast 80lbs. I go nope even my wife draws more weight then I do. But I'm also a long draw so I pick up some extra fps with that.

· Waiting on Season
14,938 Posts
I got what ya need for sale right now for an absolute steal of a price. Custom built pse revenge 78-88l lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,859 Posts
It's fun to have a heavy bow to knock stuff over with. Sure it's not always a practical hunting (or target shooting) tool, but there's just something fun about knocking over 3Ds with a 1000+gr. arrow and 80lb behind it :)

That justifies it for me, so I bought one.

· Registered
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's fun to have a heavy bow to knock stuff over with. Sure it's not always a practical hunting (or target shooting) tool, but there's just something fun about knocking over 3Ds with a 1000+gr. arrow and 80lb behind it :)

Thats what I'm talking about. :beer:

· Registered
4,393 Posts

Damn, i think you just convinced me to buy an 80# bow.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

· Registered
55 Posts
just curious where all yall getting your stiff spines I shot big game 250s for ten years and they quit making them so I found hunter xt 250s but heard they were discontinued as well so I got 5 dozen from bowhunters warehouse :). I'm at 500 grains and wouldn't mind try around 600 but arrow choices are so limited now with the light craze in full swing lol

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.