Archery Talk Forum banner

Anything bowhunting/nature related pics

102824 Views 2447 Replies 219 Participants Last post by  full moon64
Seeing alot of negative threads posted lately. Let's just have some fun and post pics anything related to bowhunting, shed hunting, fishing, nature hikes etc....maybe there's tons of other threads out there like this but let's just keep positive and creative and have a good time! I'll start with a few pics from last deer season.
2061 - 2080 of 2448 Posts

· Registered
5,263 Posts
I’ve killed bucks with slightly bigger racks, but i still can’t get over his body size. I don’t see them this big on Georgia public often. Wish i had a scale to get weight on him. I ended up with roughly 80 pounds of meat. That’s about the live walking weight of most does i kill. 🤣 View attachment 7746329
View attachment 7746328
That's a big boy for sure! The doe I shot earlier this year was 96 pounds gutted, and the spike was 136 pounds live weight.

Reactions: 1005283

· Read Only
302 Posts
That's a big boy for sure! The doe I shot earlier this year was 96 pounds gutted, and the spike was 136 pounds live weight.
Only deer i’ve killed that i had to call in help on. Of course he died at the bottom of the steepest hill there. Haha i plan to get a scale either soon or before next season. I almost bought one before this season, but when i was looking at them i talked myself out of it because i “never kill heavy deer”. I didn’t think about just going and buying one that night or the next morning. I kept him in the bed of the truck overnight to get some daylight photos in the morning. Never crossed my mind to get a scale.

· Registered
5,263 Posts
Only deer i’ve killed that i had to call in help on. Of course he died at the bottom of the steepest hill there. Haha i plan to get a scale either soon or before next season. I almost bought one before this season, but when i was looking at them i talked myself out of it because i “never kill heavy deer”. I didn’t think about just going and buying one that night or the next morning. I kept him in the bed of the truck overnight to get some daylight photos in the morning. Never crossed my mind to get a scale.
I've got one of those digital "crane scales" that I use on my draw board, and it's rated to over 600 pounds, so I just grab that when I'm hoisting up the deer.

Reactions: 1005283

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,098 Posts
Congrats on a very nice buck!

I bought a scale just for that purpose several years ago but we only weighed a deer on it once! The reason why was probably because it was an extra step and pain in the ass to lift a deer up and hang it on the scale manually. The only deer to get weighed that I know of was a doe we figured went 145-150lbs on the hoof, I think we guess pretty accurately most of the time and seemed to have on that one, weighed 118 dressed.

Maybe we'll test our guesses a bit more often now since we finally upgraded to an electric winch this year, which would make weighing a helluva lot easier :ROFLMAO:.

· Registered
5,263 Posts
We went to the shelter last week to adopt a dog. We had to put our old girl down about a month and a half ago after having her for 14 years and decided it was time to get another dog for the family. The problem was our boys fell in love with a little beagle/chihuahua mix and my wife and I fell in love with a little bulldog mix.

Long story short, we adopted both!

Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Dog supply

Shoe Dog Smile Shelf Shelving

Smile Dog Couch Comfort Leg

· Read Only
302 Posts
Congrats on a very nice buck!

I bought a scale just for that purpose several years ago but we only weighed a deer on it once! The reason why was probably because it was an extra step and pain in the ass to lift a deer up and hang it on the scale manually. The only deer to get weighed that I know of was a doe we figured went 145-150lbs on the hoof, I think we guess pretty accurately most of the time and seemed to have on that one, weighed 118 dressed.

Maybe we'll test our guesses a bit more often now since we finally upgraded to an electric winch this year, which would make weighing a helluva lot easier :ROFLMAO:.
Haha yeah, that would definitely suck! I would’ve needed more friends than i have to pick this buck up 🤣 i just have the cheap gambrel pully system. It’s works so far. I used to use 2 ratchet straps. Just the hook side no ratchet. Had them slung over a 2x6 nailed between two trees (still use that, just no straps). That was such a pain to get deer up! I hate buying stuff like that because i never know when i’ll kill a deer again, then i proceed to kill 5+ that year an hate my life. 🤣 glad i have a gambrel now. He did show me that i really need to move that wood up! I barely had him off the ground at full height. That’s why i put him back in the truck for the night. I don’t trust coyotes enough to leave a dead deer (dinner) hanging. Haha

· Read Only
302 Posts
We went to the shelter last week to adopt a dog. We had to put our old girl down about a month and a half ago after having her for 14 years and decided it was time to get another dog for the family. The problem was our boys fell in love with a little beagle/chihuahua mix and my wife and I fell in love with a little bulldog mix.

Long story short, we adopted both!

View attachment 7747426

View attachment 7747427

View attachment 7747425
That’s so awesome! That’s how i got mine. Had to put out old dog away a couple years ago. Zero idea on age, but we had him well over 10 years. A few months passed and i just couldn’t go without a dog any long. $75 at the shelter. Best $75 i ever spent! Congratulations!

2061 - 2080 of 2448 Posts