Archery Talk Forum banner

Anything to hunt in southern Mississippi in June/July?

535 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  peligro28
Just found out that I'm going to be in Biloxi MS from the 2nd of June to the 13th of July for the Air Force and wanted to see what I could hunt while I was there. Anyone know of anything? I tried looking at the state game & parks website but it wont load here at work. I'd really like to do some Gator hunting if possible.

Any info would be greatly appreciated- Tim
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Leave your bow and take your fishing pole. I lived in biloxi for many years and graduated college there. It's so freaking hot you won't even think about hunting. However, the fishing is good that time of year...if you can stand the heat.

· Registered
449 Posts
What he said. The fishing will be great in June, and you can catch anything from bass to billfish around here. There isn't much of anything to hunt in the summer down here. You have to apply for gator tags and they only gave out i think 200 last year, and it is two specific areas on two specific weekends. I will be applying for mine this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.