Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,171 Posts
Not on a "real" hunt. Maybe some feeder hunts or something.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Yes it would be a great trophy.
I suspect that there are a few hunts in Texas, some high fence, some low fence, some bait and some spot and stalk.
I hope you find one that fits “you” and don’t worry about whether others proclaim it a real hunt.
Good luck and post pictures.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I looked into them as well and found several that guide bowhunters but not necessarily specialize in them. I was shocked at the cost....but then again everything is expensive

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
My son checked with some in Texas and most of the upper end ones were booked and said he'd likely be on a two year waiting period. He said their tone changes when you say bow hunt.
Must be fun, the price doesn't scare folks away.

·
Registered
567 Posts
NM has barbary sheep on public land, which I believe are the same thing as auodad (same critter, different name). Used to be OTC, but I think it's draw now. Public land, good draw odds, but pretty low success rate from bowhunters. I know some guys that have been successful with rifles and they say it is a very challenging & addicting hunt. I've put in for it once, but didn't draw a tag.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,226 Posts
I would prefer a ranch that has them with a trespass fee. If anyone knows of one and wants to help a brother out....PM me please.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,171 Posts
I would prefer a ranch that has them with a trespass fee. If anyone knows of one and wants to help a brother out....PM me please.
I had that and lost it. Super bummed. One of the coolest animals I've ever been around.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
DoubleLBowhunting.net out of Victoria, Texas. $3.500.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I found this post through a search because I have been rolling it around in my head about an aoudad hunt. $3500 seems to be the average. Also, from what I am reading, the meat is a little tough to get to taste good. Be a whopping price to pay for just a head on the wall and no meat.

Meat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts