Archery Talk Forum banner

APA booth at the ATA show

7456 Views 89 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  haas0311
I know I said I was looking at becoming a dealer for APA last year. A part of me Said to be cautious at first because of never getting to see there bows in person.
Well we stopped at there booth on Friday during the show and I am here to say I am glad I did. We were impressed with the APA staff, bow lineup and the quality of there bows. That King Cobra shoots like a 7 inch brace height bow. It is fast, smooth and quiet. I witnessed them chronograph that bow. 70 pound draw weight, 30 draw length, 350 grain arrow. 369 fps.
The mamba 7 is s sweet bow period. I have nothing but good things to say about there staff and bows.
This week I will be setting up my dealer account. I will post on this thread when the deal is sealed. Thank you!
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
9,390 Posts
I've been looking at this myself along with a few other bows. I'm 26.5 draw. Not sure the m5 would not be better for me. I like lots of speed so I can shoot heavy arrows. But Im getting bad shoulders so I'm fixing to have to look for a easy pull bow. Right now I'm shooting the mr5 monster

· Registered
255 Posts
I was told January. I got the custom paint so it took a little longer. I hope to have it this month. I'll post my thoughts with videos as soon as i get it tuned in by my local shop.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Here's a good vid to see the bows be drawn and shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y721JCJwpMw

I decided for my bow this year I was going to find the best speed bow I could find and buy it at a lower poundage so I could test my theory that a low poundage speed bow could actually be as good or a better option to a high poundage smooth bow. I have found this to be true in testing out bows at shops but have never bit the bullet for a long term test. I talked to a guy that shot one a few years ago and was impressed but couldn't find much info about them and none locally. He loved the bow and shot it very well. But after watching this vid I am even more impressed.

OP, I hope its okay if I ask some questions on this thread about APA bows.

1. Limb or string stops?
2. is the letoff adjustable? I saw the King Cobra is 75%. Can it be adjusted lower or higher?
3. Where can I see some pics of camo. The ones I found on their site are closeups so I can't see much detail.
4. Warranty?

· Registered
252 Posts
Elk fetish.......
1. No string stops as a dual cam don't need them. But a very solid back wall.
2. Let off is 75% and is non adjustable. Let off is set by the modules
3. Check out our web site and our Facebook page for better looks at the colors
4.lifetime warranty to the original owner, warranty card included with the bow!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts