Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Go Noles!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 APA Viper that is wearing my cable serving. I sent the pictures to APA and they seem to think that the cam may be out of alignment. They recommended adjusting it. I would think I would need to add a spacer to adjust it right? Take a look at the pics and please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
18 Posts
I have an 08 Boa and it has the same wear marks. Mine is not out of alignment. The angle of the string is created by the cable guard. These are pretty hard angled cams and that coupled with the short axle to axle will cause wear. I have probably 700 arrows through mine and other than the freyed look on the serving the core is still good. I will have to reserve this year for sure. My SQ32 with short axles has similar wear marks with serving separation in the same area.
BTW.. I love my APA Boa..

· Registered
9,007 Posts
There is a product called serving saver made by S&D enterprises that will stop the fraying. It is some kind of flat material that can be applied over the serving if there is enough room for it to fit into the cam grove. Their phone number is 520-384-5150.

· Go Noles!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an 08 Boa and it has the same wear marks. Mine is not out of alignment. The angle of the string is created by the cable guard. These are pretty hard angled cams and that coupled with the short axle to axle will cause wear. I have probably 700 arrows through mine and other than the freyed look on the serving the core is still good. I will have to reserve this year for sure. My SQ32 with short axles has similar wear marks with serving separation in the same area.
BTW.. I love my APA Boa..
Understand what you are saying about the hard angle on the cam but why would APA tell me my cam looked out of line then?

· Go Noles!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also for those of you who said you would like to know as well. Does your Viper seem a bit noisy compared to what you have heard from other owners? I've heard from guys that their Viper is dead quiet and mine is hardly that. My Elite's and my Ross are quite a bit quiter.

· Registered
18 Posts
Picture angle perhaps. Yours look very similar to mine. Can't speak for APA techs.. just telling you what I have. Mine is quiet so there may be something up with yours. When dealing with speedy things.. nanometers of difference have substantial effects. Its should have a dull thump on release.. anything else would be loose equipment, rest contact or, as you have indicated, perhaps bad bearings or limb axle cross drilled crooked or bent cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.