Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
348ibo at 28"DL but what would one get at 55lbs 27"dl with 335g arrow with peep and loop?And are they hitting there claimed SD ibo?

What bow/cam would the draw be compared to?

Last valley looks and sounds from reviews about 1/2" and how's the wall?Looks like string stops?How are duel cams for ease of tune(seem very tunable) and with quality strings do the stay in tune easily?

Thanks been eyeing the m5 for awhile but at $999 I would love as much imput from guys who have time behind the mamba cams and or M5.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still looking for reviews from mamba owners past and present. Looked all over online and APA section.Not much out there to compare to per reviews.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Still looking for reviews from mamba owners past and present. Looked all over online and APA section.Not much out there to compare to per reviews.
I've been wondering myself. I've never had my hands on a APA, one of the few bow manufacturers I've yet to shoot.

Is there a reason they aren't that popular? You just don't hear much about them.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure most reviews the shooters like them but not much info in the reviews.The m5 is what im most intrested in but I would like a comparison in similar draw to get a idea atleast.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I've always wanted one of these bows as well. I'm very impressed with design and usability of these bows. The hanging "fangs" and carry handle IMO are ingenious. I stalk allot and could definitely take advantage of those features.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
cam is not that bad of a draw. wall is hard for a cable stop bow. It has some give but feels nice. Very tuneable, and the stock strings are ok, if you have a fav string maker you may as well swap them out but the scorpions will do in the mean time. Most of the apa's that i have played with were a little under IBO speeds, but his cam tends to like the shorter dl for some reason ( twins anyway) the fit and finish have been real nice.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
i have not played with teh m5, but the m6 was fairly dead in the hand, when the cam were right. Noise was had to say i would like to say similar to the insanity. it had a thump, but i think that was more from the string stop then anything

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Reed!So simular to core cam in draw/let-off with hoyt style similaritie for string stops and non vibe with little noise.

The last thing is ibo,I liked core cams but only if the effort in produces the speeds out.If the m5 can achieve its SD ibo of 348fps at 28" with the above attributes we have a winner in my eyes.

last how do true duels stay in tune?Double yokes seem imo(never tried) that tunability would be excellent!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
put a good set of cables on and you are fine. Just like you are with OD cams, or the cams on a monster. I have found the APA bows to be a little slower than the IBo.( the single cams especially) if you are within 7 i would say that is average.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I might just bite the $1000+ need to try,add new strings out the gate and give the maple state company a fair chance!I do however love high let-off limb stops,but that and speed is hard to find!Lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I might just bite the $1000+ need to try,add new strings out the gate and give the maple state company a fair chance!I do however love high let-off limb stops,but that and speed is hard to find!Lol
That would be great if you did. We could do a little comparison between the M5 and the "Turbo Burner".

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
S.Wells like were your heads at!!!!!!!Just have to wait a few months then pull the trigger and hope for the best.Been looking int APA for years just never had a chance to try one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts