Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin To See If Anybody Had Used Any Of This Style Rests? Good? Bad? Tuning PROBLEMS ECT ? Thanks ....art

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've used the twister for 2 years now and love it. It's total containment, silent on the draw and tunes well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had on of the originals for about eight months. GONE NOW! :thumbs_do

I have a freind that is using one of the "hard rests". Worked OK on his Champion but he can't get consistent when he put it on his new APA TIPAN!!

I think i have him talked into going to a drop away now. He'll either get the twister or the safari.
Personaly if i was going to go back to a contained rest it would be the Wisker buicut. :thumbs_up

Your going to get an APA, get a drop model. The others vibrate out of tune, bend and you get vane contact (unless you shoot something low profile). I've now to many guys that have bought them and then swore up and down until they got rid of them.

MHO

·
Registered
223 Posts
APAs Are Kewl And Idiot Proof !

I really like the rests and most of the bows in my shop have them so the customers can shoot them.They are super easy to tune and shoot a bullet and a bullet with a 24 dollar apa [lite model] is just as good as a bullet with a 70 dollar fall away .to many people get caught up in certain rests being the "fad or new thing" The fewer moving parts the better and archery need not be complicate remember the KISS thought process {Keep It Simple Stupid}...........kenny :thumbs_up

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have shot the Ultimate for the past 3 years and mine shoots like a dream. I couldn't ask for a better rest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i am shooting an apa twister. I had to turn the nock feather out, and seperate the tines a little, but once set up it is nice. I am shooting broadead tipped arrows in a 2" circle at 40 yards with this rest and blazer vanes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are a great, well built rest. Al, the owner of APA is a honest, great guy. He is really comming out with some great new products.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am a big fan of the APA Twister series rests......I had an original Twister all 2004 season and now a Twister Safari this season. Super quiet, very consistent and total containment.
It's my favorite hunting rest on the market, a true draw and forget it drop away, you never even have to glance at it to make sure the arrow is in position.
I use it as a hunting rest but I have also shot some very good 3D scores with it as well when I pressed it into action because my "Target" rest wasn't here yet. Worked flawlessly.
Looking forward to seeing the 2006 version, and the guys at APA are great to deal with as well.:thumbs_up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts