Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this apache hunter bow but don't know anything about it nor can I find anything on Google about it. Anyone know what year it was made or its worth roughly? I'm just curious

·
Registered
19,446 Posts
Nylon wheel & tear drops probably early 80's maybe Pro Line.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
That's a relic from my youth. You might get $35 at a garage sale. I remember them. It was a solid bow in the late '80's.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I think the first recurve limbs on a compound was the Pearson Renegade in about 1986. The bow you have is probably a couple years newer. Cool bow, probably shoots nice but financially worth nothing. I don't remember who made it, many of the bows in the mid late 80's looked the same. Pearson did make a cheaper line with nylon wheels so that is a possibility.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Late.80s thru mid 90s
Actually very good shooters, and parts can be found on eBay cheap.
Had one....wish I didn't get rid of it.
Value is $30-$50.
I put new strings and cables on mine,and it shot as well as any other bow.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I think the first recurve limbs on a compound was the Pearson Renegade in about 1986. The bow you have is probably a couple years newer. Cool bow, probably shoots nice but financially worth nothing. I don't remember who made it, many of the bows in the mid late 80's looked the same. Pearson did make a cheaper line with nylon wheels so that is a possibility.
i always thought Golden Eagle had the first recurve compound limbs.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Possibly, they had some oddly innovative stuff around that era and it's a brand I don't remember seeing many of until a couple years later when they did those big plastic brackets on the limb pockets. As far as I know Pearson was the first to cut out the riser for true center shot (vs some of the shoot throughs that existed earlier. The first renegade had a notch just in front of the rest. The second they offset that portion of the riser (like this one appears to be) so you could add an overdraw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts