Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any Apeman cameras before? Specifically the H55? Looking for a camera to run on public. Specs look good, but curious about durability.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
Hit or miss...hard to pass up at those prices...they take decent pics and vids, but are known to fail quickly (many within a year) and customer service is even a bigger hit or miss, one guy had his replaced no questions asked, another had to send in for repairs, pay for insured shipping both ways....

Again, when they work, they are hard to pass at $70....a few buddies like them because they can buy 2 for the price of one of the more popular brands and cover twice the area...

Hope this helps a bit.

Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit or miss...hard to pass up at those prices...they take decent pics and vids, but are known to fail quickly (many within a year) and customer service is even a bigger hit or miss, one guy had his replaced no questions asked, another had to send in for repairs, pay for insured shipping both ways....

Again, when they work, they are hard to pass at $70....a few buddies like them because they can buy 2 for the price of one of the more popular brands and cover twice the area...

Hope this helps a bit.

Joe
Thanks for the feedback Joe. Yeah for the price it’s tempting. Looking for cameras to run on public land and I’m not terribly concerned with picture quality just want to know there are deer in the area, but don’t want something that’s going to fail after a month in the field.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought a couple of the apeman mini h40 cameras. They seem pretty decent at the price but we’ll see how long they last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have 4 of the minis now. I ran 2 through the fall and at 37 a piece on amazon I'm very pleased.

·
Premium Member
Elite Enkore (2021), QAD Ultra Rest HDX, EZ-V Sight, PSE Drive (2013)
66 Posts
We just placed 2 new Apeman H55's after testing them this winter in subzero temps, driving rain, and snow. I've been pretty pumped to find a $50 trailcam with video, 20 mp, and up to 32 g card.

I read reviews that said they had issues in rain, but my 2 have survived it all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Archery Talk forum - Apps on Google Play

1 - 7 of 7 Posts