Archery Talk Forum banner

Apex 7 vs Apex

462 6
OK I shoot the Apex 7 great . I am using a 2612 that weighs 488grs. If I go to a Apex I will have to drop 30 grs to keep the same arrow speed. Will I shoot it even better with a 8 inch brace height but 30 grs less arrow weight.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,395 Posts
Who know for sure. The bows, though similar, shoot quite differently. It depends on your DL. From talking with friends I'd guess that DL 29" and under will shoot an A7 better. Over 29" go with the Apex. I shoot a 29" draw and love the Apex. I did however shoot some very high inside out x count 300 rounds with the A7. But when I missed it seemed to be by more. There you have it....my 2 cents.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
I too was interested in the A7 though a fella from Michigan at the ATA show convinced me to look seriously at the Conquest 4 before i was to buy a Conquest or Conquest Apex 7.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Are you shooting 'em for spots or 3D? If your shootin 'em for spots or marked yardage why are you concerned about the speed and if your shoot that many grains for 3D why aren't you shootin less arrow weight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.