Archery Talk Forum banner

Apex 7 w/fingers

520 4
Has anyone shot the mathews apex 7 with fingers? If so how was it and how was the apex cam?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I know a guy in the UK who shoots an Apex7 well with fingers, in fact he was 2nd in the 08 National Champs with it.

However he shoots it at 27 inch draw.

I own an Apex7 and shoot 28 inch draw with fingers and its a bit tight at my draw length. The big problem is not the ATA length which would work its the very small idler wheel, where as the Drenalin LD has a huge idler wheel which make the bows string angle much more finger friendly.

So it may work for you but not if you have a long draw or unless you drop at least one finger.

· Registered
2,309 Posts
The Apex 7 is a little short for fingers. You will get more finger pinch with the sharper string angle. It can be shot with fingers but will be more critical from a release standpoint. If you are a Mathews person you would probably be better off with the Apex or Conquest 4. A good rule is 40" and above on the ATA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.