Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just changed string and cable to my Apex 8 and noticed peep rotation, about 45 degrees. I have changed string and cable multiple times for Apex and used many different custom string brands and always peep seems to rotate. Always used 452X

Maybe Apex's string is just so long and that is causing the problem. Anyway that let me wondering if anyone could confirm that it is possible to get zero peep rotation with Apex 8 or not...:eek: I have also Conquest 4 with zero peep rotation but Apex seems to be complete different story.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
try adding a twist or two into the string and that can help sometimes, what happens is depending on what you did to it on install you may have changed the ratio and twists in the part under serving and whats in open causing the issue. since thats LONG single cam you can add 1/2 to bottom of string (end below center serving) then go on the backside of string thats and add say 1 1/2 twist, this will help keep peep close to where its at now, draw bow and see what happens, take a few shots and see if it helps the rotation issue.

is idler wheel served????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try adding a twist or two into the string and that can help sometimes, what happens is depending on what you did to it on install you may have changed the ratio and twists in the part under serving and whats in open causing the issue. since thats LONG single cam you can add 1/2 to bottom of string (end below center serving) then go on the backside of string thats and add say 1 1/2 twist, this will help keep peep close to where its at now, draw bow and see what happens, take a few shots and see if it helps the rotation issue.

is idler wheel served????
Thanks for the input dwagoner.

Yes, idler wheel is served. Normally I install string and cable directly from packet and try to avoid adding /removing twists, so I assume that ratio should be ok. After that I check that bow is in specs (now it was ok) and and adjust cam position with cable.

Peep rotation with Apex have not bothered me earlier, but now I got feeling that it should not be there at all. So I started mission to get rid of peep rotation.

I will start playing with twists ratio and check how it goes. Btw, after shooting about 50 shots peep is rotating about 30 degrees (earlier 45).

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
This is the exact reason I started making my own strings. Yes you can get a string with no rotation but it takes more care in the build process then most do. I could never find a builder that got me one with zero rotation. Now that I build my own they are all perfect. If not they get cut

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally could not get peep rotation away from Apex and also make a decision to make my own strings for now on. First string is on the stretcher at the moment with 400 lbs of tension. First I will try 8190 and check how it goes, plan b will be second set from 452x.

Good point is that I got plenty of doing in the project, who needs shooting anyway when there is plenty of tuning available:teeth:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes finally, it seems possible to have also Apex without peep rotation. I made string set from 8190 and also 452x and those don't have any peep rotation problems at all.

btw: I just bought also used Apex with new string set (Americas best bowstrings) and that was the first factory maid string set on Apex without any peep rotation what I have seen...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts