Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive narrowed it down to these two sites in your opinions which of the two would you go with for brightness-durability-quality,thanks again for your help and thoughts,its for a Hoyt Alphamax.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Spot Hogg wrapped. I have yet to find a sight to make me switch. Plus, the added hype from any TV show just turns me off. The only reason my Real Deal has the Primos name on it is because that was the only way I could find it in stores. Almost didn't buy it. But then, I admit I am a "bit odd"

Ted

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I just looked at the BC sight yesterday. I was very impressed. It's built well and has 4 green fibers plus the bottom 2 are smaller diameter. I have 2 Swords that I've used for some time. I really thing the new Z7 will have the Apex sigh on it.
I don't give a hoot if it's BC's. That means nothing to me. A good sight is a good sight!!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i like the hogg it with wrap myself. i can't stand the bone collector series stuff. for some reason i don't like that show don't know why.

Bill

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I think the Apex sights leave a lot to be desired. Mine had the windage screw break, it just crumbled. I returned it and got a new one and nothing broke again, but it did vibrate like crazy. The scope housing was weak and if you tapped it you could hear where the buzz was coming from.

I bough a Hogg-It and in the off season I use it as a hammer. You won't regret spending the money for a Spot-Hogg.

·
Registered
696 Posts
its a sight NOt a hammer

Well ive narrowed it down to these two sites in your opinions which of the two would you go with for brightness-durability-quality,thanks again for your help and thoughts,its for a Hoyt Alphamax.
Like I told you in the last post....its a great sight for the money! Durable, good quality, great features BUT Is it a 'hammer' like SteveID said..NO. It also doesn't cost $200...you get all the same stuff the $200 sights give you for half the price. On the other hand, if you have the money go for the Spott Hogg Hogg it Hunter with the wrap or the Axcel Armortech...you can drive nails with those two!

Apex makes a quality product and if it's mounted correctly it wont rattle or make noise....

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Like I told you in the last post....its a great sight for the money! Durable, good quality, great features BUT Is it a 'hammer' like SteveID said..NO. It also doesn't cost $200...you get all the same stuff the $200 sights give you for half the price. On the other hand, if you have the money go for the Spott Hogg Hogg it Hunter with the wrap or the Axcel Armortech...you can drive nails with those two!

Apex makes a quality product and if it's mounted correctly it wont rattle or make noise....
My Apex was mounted just fine, it was the dovetail mount. It just had a buzz, no two ways around it. It just had a bad design in the housing. It was the old style, I'm sure that the new ones are improved. But for my money, I'd rather pick up a used Spot-Hogg in the classifieds, might cost $50 more in the end.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i guess i will go with the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it 3 pin sight,this will be fine for Deer hunting and maybe 3-d shooting,any other thoughts.....

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Well i guess i will go with the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it 3 pin sight,this will be fine for Deer hunting and maybe 3-d shooting,any other thoughts.....
You won't regret it. Might as well get the 5 pin though. If you don't like that many for hunting you can just pull them out for the season. Nice to have them for 3d though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i like the hogg it with wrap myself. i can't stand the bone collector series stuff. for some reason i don't like that show don't know why.

Bill
x2 on both accounts. The hogg-it sight is built like a tank, and something about Waddell just irks me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts