Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I shoot an Apex set at 60# 29" draw. Set up properly, excellent arrow flight, good groups, quiet, and comfortable, I shoot GT 22's 309gr. But it is slow, 278-280. My conquest 3 set up the same way, shooting the same arrows, shot 285-287 at high letoff. I really like the bow but it sure is no rocket. Probably will move to an Apex 7 or just wait and see what is the "new" thing from Matt next year.
http://www.arrowrebuilders.com

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have mine set on 57 #, 28.5" DL, shoots a 290 gr arrow 282fps, not fast, but this isn't a speed bow, long ata, big brace height, but i am really satisfied with that speed because it is really smooth and forgiving, i could do a little tweeking on it and get 285 i am sure, but 282 is fast enough for me. The Apex is one of my all time favorite bows.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My Apex is set at 59 lbs....30.5" DL.....420 gr. arrow.....with Sims Leachs, nock-set and peep on string.....shooting finger-tab......256 fps...61 fpe....

Wonderful, smooth-shooting bow......I shoot with middle and ring finger below arrow, drop my index finger off string above arrow as I approach full-draw.....zero finger-pinch holding two below like that! :)

I shoot it equally as accurately (not more, not less) as my RedMan/Barnsdale and my former Hoyt ProTec.....but the Apex is much faster and quieter.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Apex

are any of you guys going to hunt with your Apex or are you going to keep it for tournament.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Dave2 said:
I have mine set on 57 #, 28.5" DL, shoots a 290 gr arrow 282fps, not fast, but this isn't a speed bow, long ata, big brace height, but i am really satisfied with that speed because it is really smooth and forgiving, i could do a little tweeking on it and get 285 i am sure, but 282 is fast enough for me. The Apex is one of my all time favorite bows.
Hey RUNT! how yah doing?.........I just ran the above in TAP......(281.7) so I reckon you can trust any setup with that bow right out of the database!

Hows the hunting?

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Mine is 29.5" draw, 68 pounds, 357 grain GT pro 22 series...and it shoots right at 298 fps. really smooth and nice feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts