Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions/input on classifieds deal.

let's say someone makes and offer and requests paypal info. You send paypal info immediately (less than 30 minutes maybe even quicker). However, you do not get a response back or paypal transaction. You send another PM shortly after sending paypal info, then another the next morning.

How long before you start accepting the other offers you have?

Time line: Offer is made 10:14pm; Paypal info sent to potential buyer 10:16pm; Follow up Pm from seller 11:59pm; Another follow up PM from seller 8:38am (next morning); It's now 9:41am and have quite a few other offers that have come in.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
At least check his profile to see if he's been online since then.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I got screwed by someone a week or so ago with similar circumstances....you need to be patient.

Not everyone is on AT 18 hours a day....It doesn't matter that you have other offers....you have a deal PENDING with the guy...give him a day or so to get back to you....him not responding within a couple hours does not mean move on to someone else that also wants it.:embara:

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts

let's say someone makes and offer and requests paypal info. You send paypal info immediately (less than 30 minutes maybe even quicker). However, you do not get a response back or paypal transaction. You send another PM shortly after sending paypal info, then another the next morning.

Time line: Offer is made 10:14pm; Paypal info sent to potential buyer 10:16pm; Follow up Pm from seller 11:59pm; Another follow up PM from seller 8:38am (next morning); It's now 9:41am and have quite a few other offers that have come in.

I'd say 24 hours, but it kinda makes you wonder why you're not hearing back from the first individual. Be sure to check your PayPal account and be sure payment hasn't already been made.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I got screwed by someone a week or so ago with similar circumstances....you need to be patient.

Not everyone is on AT 18 hours a day....It doesn't matter that you have other offers....you have a deal PENDING with the guy...give him a day or so to get back to you....him not responding within a couple hours does not mean move on to someone else that also wants it.:embara:

Agreed

·
Registered
616 Posts

I'd give 24 hours no more. Yes, many people aren't AT-Fanatics…but if he/she is really interested in the item, they'd get the deal done a.s.a.p….I know that I would.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I am planning on giving him at little time. I already checked his profile for last activity and it looks like he sent the pm and got off shortly thereafter. I also already checked paypal and no funds have been sent.

I will be as fair as possible. It's just hard to be patient when you know you can sell it now.

I just wanted to get some other opinions on what kind of time to allow him to respond.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Mabe just mabe

They were at work and got cought goofin off and had to go back to work and earn some pay time. But then again mabe they are just testing the waters. AC

·
Registered
102 Posts
give the buyer and paypal some time.....it depends on how his paypal account is set up....not everyone keeps a ballance in their accounts,,,they have different account types and they have different amounts of time to send payment,,,some instant,,some take time....just give them both a little time....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Also remember he could be having internet problems. Mine was down all day yesterday until last night. But I agree with the 24 hour rule. Even if his internet is down if he was buying something he could always use a public connection at a library or something.

·
Don't Blink!
3,143 Posts
Yea, I am planning on giving him at little time. I already checked his profile for last activity and it looks like he sent the pm and got off shortly thereafter.

I will be as fair as possible. It's just hard to be patient when you know you can sell it now.

Thanks.
Give him some time...some great folks I've had deals with here are generally only on at night during the week due to work and/or family commitments. See what happens tonight; send a reminder PM; let him know others are waiting in case he wants to back out. Also, let those standing in line know what is going on, and what order they're in...they should understand. Take comfort in knowing you have other buyers waiting.

Patience :wink:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yea, I am planning on giving him at little time. I already checked his profile for last activity and it looks like he sent the pm and got off shortly thereafter. I also already checked paypal and no funds have been sent.

I just wanted to get some other opinions on what kind of time to allow him to respond.

Thanks.

I got screwed over a couple months ago on a similiar sight to this for Paintball. I saw an item I wanted, pm'd the guy and I had to go do other things. I came back 30mins later, with 2 new pm's. The first one was asking for my info, and the second..."I found another buyer, thanks":mad:

I pm'd him back, asking why I was left out. He responds "you didn't respond back"...:rolleyes:It was 30min :lol: Give him a day :thumb:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Give him some time...some great folks I've had deals with here are generally only on at night during the week due to work and/or family commitments. See what happens tonight; send a reminder PM; let him know others are waiting in case he wants to back out. Also, let those standing in line know what is going on, and what order they're in...they should understand. Take comfort in knowing you have other buyers waiting.

Patience :wink:

Excellent advice :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You make the call

Shoot him another email that you decided to not sell the item to him. Chances are this will be the first email he opens up since it will be at the top of his PM list. If it just so happens that he does send the money Paypal offers a free service for refunds if done with in 60 days. Buyer will get full amount back and Seller will not get charged fees.

Hey time is money - so if you have the time then you must not need the money.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I am in the same situation, it has always been my policy to wait at least 24 hours and let the others knwo where they stand in line. After having two guys pm me saying they want the item I also post in the selling thread that a deal is in the works.
Sometimes it just takes a little time to work things out, and remember that some people have a life outside of AT! (apparently not me though:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
about 24 hours seems reasonable -- many people check AT at about the same time every day, like in the evening after they get home, so it seems reasonable to wait until the next cycle.

The other buyers probably won't go anywhere in the mean time.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Shoot him another email that you decided to not sell the item to him. Chances are this will be the first email he opens up since it will be at the top of his PM list. If it just so happens that he does send the money Paypal offers a free service for refunds if done with in 60 days. Buyer will get full amount back and Seller will not get charged fees.

Hey time is money - so if you have the time then you must not need the money.
You guys are too impaitient....this is not how these things should be handled.....

You can't pull out because the guy didn't respond in 10 mins....it hasn't even been 24 hours...:embara:

Handiling the situation in this manner will result in NEGATIVE Feedback that WILL NOT be pulled by a mod:eek:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You guys are too impaitient....this is not how these things should be handled.....

You can't pull out because the guy didn't respond in 10 mins....it hasn't even been 24 hours...:embara:

Handiling the situation in this manner will result in NEGATIVE Feedback that WILL NOT be pulled by a mod:eek:
Your exactly right 10 mins no response you still should be committed - that's the right thing to do. However In this case it was a quick response from the Seller and two additional follow up PM's which rolled over in to the next day. At this point in time the seller has proved good course and should have the his right to recall the offer.

Aslo I believe the feedback is designed for deals and not pending deals. So leaving negative feedback on a pending deal being recalled because of no response and no payment should not be justifiable.:wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts