Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this bow for a couple years and cannot get away from a moderate rh tear. The bow is an AR34 with Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter drop-away rest. I am shooting 27.5" Easton Axis Obsession 400 series arrows with 100 grn field tips. The tuning guide says move the rest to the left, but I had it bottomed out. I even machined the side of the rest so it would sit further to the left. I do not see any evidence of vane clearence. I am not sure what to do next. The bow shoots ok out to about 40 yards, but does not group to my liking and the broadheads do tend to plane a little. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
17,767 Posts
whats your draw weight?if can increase it a little try that or a heavier point weight.also when i got my ar a few years ago i noticed some lean on the top cam that i straightened out by twisting one side of the yoke.also be sure that your rest is coming up in the last 1.5 inches of your draw rest timing can be critical on dropaways.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
First, make sure your arrow is level. Set your centershot so that the arrow and string line-up with the upper accessory hole (see attached file page 13).

http://www.archeryresearch.com/pdf/AR_owners_guide.pdf

Also check for cam lean as stated before. Draw back, level your bow, and have someone look to see if the cam is straight up and down.
All this will be your baseline and don't change it. Your bow will shoot bullets if your grip is correct. I had the same problem as you until i fixed my grip. My broadheads fly great now. Here's a pic of a grip style like i'm using. If i palm the bow and wrap my fingers around the handle, i'll get a bad tear.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts