Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have target panic, BAD!!!
I need some input from somebody who knows what they are doin and you dont shoot above 55 x's i dont care what you have to say.
I already shoot backtenion, and sometimes i find myself "making" it go off. Help i need some suggestions on mind control.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,670 Posts
I need some input from somebody who knows what they are doin and you dont shoot above 55 x's i dont care what you have to say.
I already shoot backtenion, and sometimes i find myself "making" it go off. Help i need some suggestions on mind control.
Wow, bummer, I'd love to help you out, I just got over the worst TP. Had it for over a month, but I don't shoot above 55 X's...:p

[edit]Well hold on, by 55 X's do you mean 5 spot? If I shoot in the 430's, Vegas style, does that work out to 55 X's?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
If you "make" it go off, you're not shooting back tension, just cheating the release. My suggestion is to learn to shoot the release correctly and that should take care of the panic.......start with blank baling for a while to develop the proper technique.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Do a search on TP & you should have enough reading to last you till winter. You can look at GRIV"s post on this also. Read Bernie's book or Core archery. Lots of good info here.
I had TP pretty bad a few years back & I'm shooting better than ever.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
Do a search on TP & you should have enough reading to last you till winter. You can look at GRIV"s post on this also. Read Bernie's book or Core archery. Lots of good info here.
I had TP pretty bad a few years back & I'm shooting better than ever.
The book is by Larry Wise. Bernie is nothing more than a salesman imo.

·
Registered
734 Posts
THat's what I was going to suggest, but I don't shoot 55X so he doesn't care what the heck I say.

(This isn't advice) He should seek the help of a proffessional coach that CAN shoot 55X or better consistantly.
Just keep in mind that a good coach does not have to be a world champion at his sport or game. Tiger Woods has a coach. You can bet your bottom dollar that he could beat his coach, personal issues and all, and that would be even limited to a 3 wood, 7 iron, and a putter. A coach only has to know the game and be a good teacher and motivator. How about that Bolt guy that ran the 100m record. I'd like to see his coach beat him. The list goes on and on and on.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Heresa something few people in archery seem to do, though the one that know, take it seriously.

Subliminal relaxation and suggestion. Self hypnosis.

Barry Karnikov [spelling] comes to mind as one of the best out there. Just get one of his taspes or downloads or somesuch and follow his instructions. Along the way [youll know when you are really "under"] give yourself mental suggestions to stop over anticipating the shpot and let the flow of it occur naturally.

Understand that a lot of target "impulses" also have subconcious underlayings. Well that and maybe too much coffee.

Good luck.

Pete

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
I have both books. Bernie's book(idiotproof archery) has some good info in it, just got to get past the ads for his stuff.
The ads I can handle, but to listen to him bash others products, only a few booths away, :thumbs_dothat makes him a salesman. Btw Ray Ray, I misread your post. Thought you said Bernies book Core Archery, but you actually said OR Core Archery. Sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.