Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone that has the software installed be interested in creating some sight tapes? I'm not cheap, just broke and don't want to pay $40 just to create one tape. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee. I've also got some things that I could trade. Vanes, lighted nocks, etc...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I make my own with AutoCad. Here's a generic sheet that you're welcome to use if it helps.
Looks pretty sweet. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What sight are you deploying? Just use the tapes for that perticular sight. I have a hogfather and use the spot hogg sights. Work perfect. Cost like 5 bucks for a set

Sent from my SM-G935V using Archery Talk forum

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Does IQ have bow sights for there floater sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Socket Man
23,749 Posts
Here is how I would use that auto cad thing he gave you,

Take a blank label and put it on your bow and over a week shoot and find perfect marks for 20 30 40 50 60

Then once you have those primary marks use the auto cad thing cut some out and find one that can make the marks from 20 to 30 and then find another one that makes the marks for 30 to 40 and so on.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
We all like the programs. Why ask someone else to run for you? Support the guys who develop them! Only $12 a year for a great program.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
We all like the programs. Why ask someone else to run for you? Support the guys who develop them! Only $12 a year for a great program.
OK, but if someone is only going to use it to make a single sight tape, $12 is kinda steep. Having said that, AA is a paid program, so I'm not certainly saying that everyone should be using AA to make tapes for others and denying the developer their rightful compensation.

To the OP, if you create account on Rcherz (free) there are lots of free goodies including a good scoring/timing app and a sight tape program.
https://frontend.rcherz.com/

·
Registered
63 Posts
A easy way would be to get good marks at 30 and 60 and mark them on sight and order as set of sight tapes from Lancaster. Or use the tapes that came with your sight. Use a set of calipers to get it super close. Or buy the software it comes in very handy and is great for picking new arrows.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
put a piece of painters tape on marked 20 40 80 yards.
Used a cad program for the spacing curve based on the 3 point measured with my caliper.
then scaled tape drawing up and down 3 each way to make sure i had perfect fit.
sound like a lot of work but only took like 5 minutes to do.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly I misread the AA price and thought it was $40 instead of $12. That was my bad and I would nuke this thread if I could but for some crazy reason the mods won't give us the ability to delete threads.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not just fir sight tapes. A ton of information and really fun to play with. One of the best uses ever for the $12 bills I print in the basement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts