Archery Talk Forum banner

Archers Advantage VS. On Target ?

1016 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  PSE_Xforce352
WHy am I getting two very diffrent answers. OnTarget says my set up is week and Archers Advantage says it is stiff.

2008 Apex7
58#
28' draw

Easton Navigators 480
27"
100g tips
pin nocks and pins
easton dimond vanes 1.75

? thell mw what you guys are getting.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,033 Posts
I'm having the same issues!

AA says my set-up is "marginally stiff"

OT2 says my set-up is "weak"

I've had two other friends run my set-up and OT2 shows "weak"!

I don't know why either!

My set-up is: Scepter 4 with shoot-thru
53lbs.
30" AMO
29" arrow length (yoke of nock to end of carbon)
110gr. break off points
Flex-Fletch 175's with a 2.5" wrap
Pins and Easton "G" pin nocks

SOOOO...I too am confused!!:smile:

· Registered
2,335 Posts
it shows 430's to be your best bet on the navigators but only marginally weak not just weak

· Registered
1,730 Posts
WHy am I getting two very diffrent answers. OnTarget says my set up is week and Archers Advantage says it is stiff.

2008 Apex7
58#
28' draw

Easton Navigators 480
27"
100g tips
pin nocks and pins
easton dimond vanes 1.75

? thell mw what you guys are getting.
Javi had mentioned that PSI has updated the software program for todays high efficiency cams. Arrow charts have been unchanged for a number of years. Check to see if you have the newest updated version of
OT2, Version 2410. The one previous to this suggested a much stiffer arrow needed in most cases.

· Archery Talk Sponsor
3,599 Posts
NEVADAPRO & Sappo,

You'll need to supply additional info..

If you use "complete arrow length" instead of "shaft length", results will generally show weak. OT2 uses "shaft length" (shaft material only). The difference between shaft length and complete arrow length can be 3/8" to 1/2", depending on nock and pin bushing lengths.

What is the weight of the peep, d-loop, and other nock points?

If you're pulling a bow from the database, do the BH, A2A agree with what you've measured?

What flavor of Septor? Is it a 2009? 2008 had 3 models S4, S4 Mag Nitrous, S4 Mag Furious....all with different A2A and BH. The program assumes a 2Cam Hard for the S4 based on IBO above 290. Whith a shoot-thru, you might be able to classify that as a 2Cam Medium.

What percent letoff..65 or 80 or ???

Is the DL an actual measured AMO or from the cam size? DL can vary plus or minus 1/2" from stated cam AMO DL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.