Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a very good friend make some sight tapes for my Cougar III using AA, though after doing so I have been thinking about shortening up the draw roughly an inch which means I would have to change from the #2 X Cams to the #1 X Cams

What I am wondering is if I change the draw will I have to make new sight tapes for it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you end up with the EXACT same arrow speed, you will not need new tapes. Otherwise, you can tweak the weight up/down a bit to obtain the same set of marks.

Personally, whenever I make ANY change, I just get two good sight settings, calculate a new speed & print a new sight tape.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that information Perry.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Stick,

If you do not have Archer's Advantage now, don't bother with AAPalm. Start with Archer's Advantage for Windows. If later, you decide that unique features of AAPalm are worth the money to you, you can get it then.

You can find all of the features of each product on my web site.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes, I developed the original program in 1985 for Pocket Computers. Dee Wilde talked me into introducing a Windows Version in 1995.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Archers advantage is a lifesaver. Why spend a WHOLE day perfecting your marks while you just punch in a few numbers into AA, get like 2 marks and voila! A perfect set of marks. From my experience it is VERY difficult to get perfect marks with those charts where you have to match everything up.

They had pocket computers in 1985? I had no idea AA was that old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts