Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was looking for some info on antilope and mule deer hunting. I live in southern Ontario, and have been to S.Dakota the last two years for antilope, but have been unable to tag a speed goat yet. I am thinking of heading to Wyoming next year, and am looking for any info that may be of help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
They are like Jack Rabbits in Wyoming ...was gonna go again this year.. they had a tough winter last year

But... We filled our Oregon tags this year it was a blast !

I've killed them in Wyoming too ... much easier .. Google Earth some waterholes on public land in WY .. set up it wont be long ...on a good wintering year

The date is wrong on my camera ... actually 8/4/2011

FYI this should probably be in the hunting section

Not for the timid ..... Blazing heat and no refuge DIY Public land ..I swear the tent was 130 degrees inside ... and of course Rattlesnakes in your blind always make for an interesting situation ....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnanks for the info, and pic's. Is there an area that is better for tags, and public land, than others? I plan on doing a DIY hunt, but would be happy to spend some money on a private land trespass hunt if it impoved my odds. I would be coming from the east, so the best area to the east would be nice. I see you camped. Are there any rules on camping on public land? Can you drive your atv on most of the land? In S.Dakota it was all walk-on land only, we never got are bikes off the trailer and it's a long way to haul a trailer for nothing. Thanks again, I really want to fill my tag next year so I can move on to another challenge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts