Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, folks!

First off I wanted to say a general thank you, this forum has a wealth of information because of it's awesome members! :thumbs_up

Onto the Archery/Dartboard cart monster. For the past few months I have been practicing with a inexpensive PSE snake bow. I had been using a Morrell Double Duty 400 FPS Target from Amazon resting on top my secondary recycling can with a floor mat hanging behind to protect the garage door window. The target was REALLY loud, plus it was damn ugly and a pain in the ace to setup.

I can safely say archery is awesome! I have a Hoyt Bufflow on order and I wanted a better garage practice area. (I plan on joining an outdoor range when the Hoyt comes in.)

Also I had the dartboard mounted on the wall before. My wife couldn't hear the darts, but she could feel the thumps on the wall. I decided to kill two birds one stone.
archery-darboard-backstop.jpg

If I built it again I could certainly save money, build it stronger, and much cleaner. But it works great, rolls smoothly, and I can setup for archery or playing darts within 30 seconds! I also added a throw line using square metal stock and paracord so the throwing distance is always right (or super close). The block target is much quieter, and I haven't any floor space!

Damn it's ugly, but I have no building experience so I am overall happy with it. Let me know you ideas on improving it, anything short of rolling it outback and using it for firewood. :darkbeer:

Thank you again for the great forum!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
you must have one heck of a dart to need such a backstop ,JK looks good .my darts are 28 1/2 inches long ......:embara:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
nice setup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys! Haha, I hate to admit is cjjeepman but the white circle around the dartboard is a "backstop of sorts" and I hit it every once in a while. My wife on the other hand is deadly, God only knows where her darts are going. :D

In the off chance anyone looks at this and makes something similar, I had to brace the corners. The Simpson brackets couldn't hold the form, ah live and learn. I also took off the wrap from the Block target which helps quiet it down. And added a piece of the horse mat to the front (taken from the back) which I have hit 3 times going for the low targets. But my practice has drastically improved in the last month now that I can easily practice every day.
target.jpg

Thank you again, project done :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts