Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is interested in getting involved in archery, but is concerned that there are no ranges in her area. She does not want to hunt, but just wants to shoot targets and maybe DART/Techno Hunt stuff. Does anyone know if there are any clubs in the Lynchburg, Virginia area?
Thanks,
Mariah P.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well there is Wild Turkey Ridge 3-D Archery I believe about 20 minutes West of ya'll Around Bedford!! I believe theres something down there in Altivista also!! Go further to Roanoke and theres Sherwood Archers. A hour and 30 minutes this way is Goochland Archery Club (3-D) and we also have a Pro shop up here that Has the technohunt!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Lynchburg, Va is where you need to be to shoot archery. Short drive in any direction you will hit a really good archery club, range, shop.
This area has to be one of the best archery areas in the country.
Plus NC is just down the road a piece.
Good people too.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
In the roanoake area Sherwood
rocky mount area Blackwater
lynchburg area Walton Park
Altivasta area Stanton River
plus several others Ive failed to mention
Lots of ranges in northeren VA Ive never been to but im sure there great ranges too.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
My mom is interested in getting involved in archery, but is concerned that there are no ranges in her area. She does not want to hunt, but just wants to shoot targets and maybe DART/Techno Hunt stuff. Does anyone know if there are any clubs in the Lynchburg, Virginia area?
Thanks,
Mariah P.
give a shout to 560 here. he is the VA state director for the NFAA

·
Registered
936 Posts
Lots of places to shoot

There are lots of places to shoot depending on what she wants.

3-D:
Twin Oaks - Appomatox (Spout Spring)
Steve's Archery (Indoor) - Monroe (Just on other side of Madison Heights)
Wild Turkey Ridge - Bedford (right off of 460W)
Staunton River - Alta Vista (29S)

Indoor Target:
Steve's
Webb's - Madison Heights
A&A - Amherst

Outdoor Field and Spots:
Izaak Walton Park

12Hunter also mentioned some others that are a little farther drive.

Have her pm one of us and we can let her know.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mariah H., Walton Park Bowhunters is having a NFAA field shoot Sunday 4-6-08 casual starting time is 9:00am to 10:00 am. The range is around 13 miles from the town of Lynchburg Va. Your mom can call me for info.--Webb Babcock--Webbs Sporting Goods 1-434-528-3855, Mon thru Friday 10am thru 6pm, Sat. 10am thru 1pm. We can probably get her a group to shoot with.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Plenty of places around Lynchburg, there are a number of us on here who shoot quite regularly. Builditall covered them, I don't have the link for the other shoots sites on this computer. If others don't give them, I'll do it Monday when I get to work.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
Check out the Virginia Bowhunter Association's web site.

Lynchburg is centrally located so you'll have access to many archery venues within 1.5 hours.

Drop me a line Monday and I'll send you a list of clubs, the list is at work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Kstigall [ Walton Park Bowhunters 1st nfaa vba field round of 2008]

Kstigall, would like to invite you & wes & anyone else who would like to shoot with us at Walton Park Bowhunters Sunday April 1st, 2008 vba nfaa 28 target field shoot on Sunday April 6, 2008. Casual starting time 9:00am to 10:30am. Come on out and have fun. I hope to post gps directions to the range in Amherst county Va. & a map to range tomarrow. [Sunday] Webb Babcock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts