Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All --

I am looking for a coach in the Atlanta area (Sandy Springs) that can teach my two children, 5 & 7 the basics of archery (they've both shot little fiberglass recurves here at the house and at camp) as well as help me develop the right habits with my new bow. Any recommendations? I looked at one of the sites, and there are like 300+ registered coaches in GA - figuring out which one to call is, well, I would prefer a recommendation.

Thanks.

Cheers,

J

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, much appreciated. I used to live in CO BTW; where do you guide? I used to fish the front range and South Park as often as I could - Cheesman, Tarryall, Spinney/11 Mile, Cache le Poudre, and sometimes the Blue, Taylor, Green, etc. Where is your shop?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can swing the drive to go to George Ryals IV, I don't think you could make a better choice. I have been familiar with his shop for about 3 weeks and am highly impressed. Their equipment prices might be more than Bass Pro, but the service can not be compared. You pay for what you get, and I guarantee no one has his experience. I won't do business with big box stores, as I expect true knowledge, experience, and service. In short, I can be picky. George and his shop has highly impressed me!!!!
After being impressed with them, I took my 9 year daughter in to a beginners class this past weekend. In no time she was tight grouping bulls eyes with no sights. (At short distance of course). Now she is bugging me about doing more.... Because she had such a positive experience.
You can't go wrong with George and his shop.... Oh, I am in Dunwoody so it's the same drive.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, that is not bad. My mother-in-law lives just past Snellville, so this isn't too far out of the way some weekends...thanks for the recs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts