Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
within the last month I have noticed several company's being bought out. a few that I can think of right now...Gold Tip bought Blackhawk, Field Logic bought Rocky Mountain Broadheads, delta bought out McKenzie, Trophy Ridge bought Rocket Broadheads, Whisker biscuit was bought by Fred Bear ARchery, there is a few more that I can't think of right now.

who doyou think is next?

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
Maybe Elite will buy BowTech :eek:

I couldn't help my self.:wink:

·
Registered
340 Posts
PSE bought Vibracheck.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Bear archery Is actually owned by escalade sports, which also owns many other archery companies (like Jennings)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bear owned jennings, so when bear was bought by escalade they got jennings to boot.

·
Member # 75
3,483 Posts
Walmart bought Blowtech and Gold Tip and they plan to move it to China and call it Blow-Tip.

They already bought China also.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
bear owned jennings, so when bear was bought by escalade they got jennings to boot

before escalade bought bear, jennings, golden eagle, satellite and buckmaster, they were owned by North American Archery Group. NAAG went bankrupt and Escalade bought them.

back in the early 80's, jennings, bear and satellite were all seperate entities. jennings compound bows lost a patent lawsuit with the allen company, the inventor of the compound bow. this put jennings out of business. dont know all the details, but bear was more about recurves and even tho papa didnt like the idea of compounds, he saw that by acquiring what was left of jennings, he could get into and on top of the compound game.

over the years of rise and fall, the 3 seperate companies and the others merged and evolved into NAAG.

NAAG.....their management leaves much to be desired. Escalade isnt much better.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Escalade recently purchased Whisker Biscuit. I have a suspicion that all future WBs will be made of plastic with mounting brackets for your old toothbrushes. :)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
NAP bought Razorcaps

·
Registered
322 Posts
FS560 said:
Walmart bought Blowtech and Gold Tip and they plan to move it to China and call it Blow-Tip.

They already bought China also.
:rip: :grouphug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts