Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts

Wish I would have had a video of this morning in the deer stand, smoked all 3 within 3-4 minutes, sweet video!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Saw this video on Facebook. As long as you support predator hunting, I think you'll find it entertaining. Would love to shoot one coyote with a bow, a double would be even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHeICaEj3Q
Nice vid. And nice shots. I have 2 questions. 1) what broadhead are you shooting
2)how does the solid feel while walking hunting and sitting around?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Called one in once by accident, couldn't get the shot though. Stayed just far enough in the edge of the brush and skirted around me. Guess it thought my doe can call sounded like a distress call.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Nice vid. And nice shots. I have 2 questions. 1) what broadhead are you shooting

Chris did a fantastic job on those yotes!!! He and Shawn have done a great job with their Solvid gear!!!

I have a few of the hat strap mount combos. It feels fine when hunting but the camera weight can get mine to bug me in the temple area if I wear it for more than a couple hours straight. You can easily remove the camera and spin back on when you need it though.
I had my wife sew my strap/mount right into my hat so it fits exactly right every time I put it on. Works great!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Chris did a fantastic job on those yotes!!! He and Shawn have done a great job with their Solvid gear!!!

I have a few of the hat strap mount combos. It feels fine when hunting but the camera weight can get mine to bug me in the temple area if I wear it for more than a couple hours straight. You can easily remove the camera and spin back on when you need it though.
I had my wife sew my strap/mount right into my hat so it fits exactly right every time I put it on. Works great!!!
Good to know thank you for the response.

·
Registered
22,553 Posts
Cool! I have encountered them in the woods several times, but typically on the ground and they always seem to have that "6th sense" that doesn't allow a shot. No intentional calling involved as I was deer or turkey hunting at the time. One of these days........

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Cool! I have encountered them in the woods several times, but typically on the ground and they always seem to have that "6th sense" that doesn't allow a shot. No intentional calling involved as I was deer or turkey hunting at the time. One of these days........
I see/have more opportunities to shoot coyotes on late archery elk hunts here in AZ then I ever do when I'm out calling :(

I missed one coyote and smoked one on my last elk hunt in November. Both were running right at me and didn't see me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Hunter of many things
11,983 Posts
That was sweet!!!! He tore them up.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Hey. I am the hunter on this video. Thanks artifact for sharing. The Broadheads used are standard Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. We get them half off with a pro deal, and they are one of the least expensive of quality heads out there. When coyote hunting, we tend to go through a few arrows, so if a guy was shooting $15-$20 heads, it would get expensive quick. Got lucky on this hunt and was able to recover all three arrows, although one bent the head and insert; cost me less than $4.

The Solvid CamStrap works great, as you can see. Comfortably is dependent on the individual, the correct fit, familiarity, and most of all, camera weight. If using one of the small camcorders, 7-10 oz, it can be worn quite comfortably for quite a while. You will notice it, but if it is fit correctly, it will be comfortable. I have a lot of experience with heavier cameras. I can wear an 8 oz camera all day with no issue, and do it for 5 days straight at sports shows; at the end of the day, it feels good to take off, but not uncomfortable. We need the best footage possible, so we sacrifice a little more weight for more quality, hence a larger camera (the one in this video is 15 oz. We may not wear it all day when hunting, but can if we have too, and many times its easier on the head than in a pocket and useless in a backpack if needed instantly. We are used to it now, so it really isn't a big deal. We've been on long muley stalks and stuff, and eventually it may get a little slippage, but easy to correct and worth it to us for the footage. We are not currently sponsoring Archery Talk, although have in the past, so haven't been posting our other videos, but if you go to our YouTube page, you can see several deer and elk hunts from last season with the Solvid CamStrap. We really turned up the heat last season and got some great animals and awesome footage.

I hope this helps. We do offer 30 day money guarantee, so if you just want to give it a shot, feel free to take advantage of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts