Archery Talk Forum banner

If you had the option to rent archery equipment at a low cost would you?

• Yes

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 71 62.3%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were able to rent archery equipment (bow, sight, stabilizer, arrows, tips, etc) at a low cost would you? I think this would be an awesome option that someone could do prior to making the purchase and then finding out you do not like the product. This happened to me a lot so I just wanted to see what you all though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Boy I would love that. Don’t see it happening but sure would be nice. Specially for stabilizers, I am in the process of incorporating a back bar right now and it sure would be nice to shoot it for a while before committing

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree completely. I had to do a paper on business and chose Archery. I was thinking of opportunities that are new or not offered and this came to mind and then thought it would be cool to see what the experts thought.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a poll for this thread on the computer, but it looks like you don’t have the option to vote via phones. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you were able to rent archery equipment (bow, sight, stabilizer, arrows, tips, etc) at a low cost would you? I think this would be an awesome option that someone could do prior to making the purchase and then finding out you do not like the product. This happened to me a lot so I just wanted to see what you all though.
If you hold over the first post a box will pop up with options, click on more and the. Click on web view. Then you can just click on the pole choices which are yes or no.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you hold over the first post a box will pop up with options, click on more and the. Click on web view. Then you can just click on the pole choices which are yes or no.

Just did as stated. You learn something new every day. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha I know right! I got frustrated and just started hitting buttons. Tried and true method for sure hahah.

·
Registered
50,379 Posts
The total cost investment would be a huge downer. Then there is just the fact of tracking, repair and retrieval of your equipment. I see huge problems. Nice idea but not practical for the return. Archery equipment for the most part is not a high profit margin adventure.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great points. Thanks Dale!

·
Registered
166 Posts
The total cost investment would be a huge downer. Then there is just the fact of tracking, repair and retrieval of your equipment. I see huge problems. Nice idea but not practical for the return. Archery equipment for the most part is not a high profit margin adventure.
1. Have a rental agreement.
2.Credit card on file for the rental.
3.If not returned in x number of days full MSRP for product will be charged to card. Now you have sales at the best possible margins and rental.
4.Have a price sheet for common damages. Fees to be charged for as little as scratching a new product.
5.Product condition checklist like a rental car with photos of products when shipped and when returned to assess condition.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful to your paper! I wish I thought of that idea for my former business classes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ontario Archery Supply up here will rent equipment. I think it's a neat idea to try out an expensive product before you commit to buy (releases, sights, etc.). Where I am there doesnt seem to be the big independent stores with tons of opened inventory to try out.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Have a rental agreement.
2.Credit card on file for the rental.
3.If not returned in x number of days full MSRP for product will be charged to card. Now you have sales at the best possible margins and rental.
4.Have a price sheet for common damages. Fees to be charged for as little as scratching a new product.
5.Product condition checklist like a rental car with photos of products when shipped and when returned to assess condition.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful to your paper! I wish I thought of that idea for my former business classes.

That is so smart. It’s a win-win for the store and the consumer. I really like the idea of charging full price if it is not returned in time. Damages are a great idea as well!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post that!!! I’m honestly a little surprised the way that this poll is going. So far 9 have said no and 4 have said yes. I would definitely do this if it were available. Thanks again brother

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ontario Archery Supply up here will rent equipment. I think it's a neat idea to try out an expensive product before you commit to buy (releases, sights, etc.). Where I am there doesnt seem to be the big independent stores with tons of opened inventory to try out.
That’s awesome that they do that. I agree this would really only be useful for big ticket items m. Thanks for the reply brother!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is so smart. It’s a win-win for the store and the consumer. I really like the idea of charging full price if it is not returned in time. Damages are a great idea as well!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post that!!! I’m honestly a little surprised the way that this poll is going. So far 9 have said no and 4 have said yes. I would definitely do this if it were available. Thanks again brother

I would love a rental program. The only reason I buy on the archery talk classifieds is because if i dont like the product i can sell it for what I bought it for. Cost to me is shipping.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True and great point. I buy my bows on here because I can’t afford a new one Hahahah. I could totally see myself renting a sight, rest, stabilizer and release. Bows I don’t think would really need to be rented because you can shoot them in shops. I guess you could rent a bow to test all the equipment or a specific piece of equipment on a bow that you don’t have yet.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,598 Posts
So, let's say you wanted to rent something. What would you pay relative to the cost of the equipment? 5%? 10%? So, a $1000 bow would rent for $100 per week?

·
NOOBY
650 Posts
I voted no, just because of the logistics it would be to actually run the company and not go insane in the process. I do wish I could do a rental on stabilizers. Been messing with that on my hunting bow and can't find the right feel for me.

·
NOOBY
650 Posts
So, let's say you wanted to rent something. What would you pay relative to the cost of the equipment? 5%? 10%? So, a $1000 bow would rent for $100 per week?

That is the issue, take a bike rental. If you rent a 1K bike you pay about 75$ a day or 100 a weekend type system. Are people going to pay 100$ a weekend to rent a bow? I would not

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't think it is cost effective for a bow, however on the accessories side, I believe it would be a great option. Can't tell you how many times I've bought something and put it on my bow and a week later ask myself why I did that.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts