Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here going to the archery festival in Forksville, PA? I am heading out soon to go there myself. It should be a good time. I think I am looking forward to the "running deer" target they have each year. I'll try a head shot since it's just foam!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know about a half dozen guys who are going down. I'd love to go myself, but there are only a few weekends left to get things done around the house before bow season!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
every year i want to go. but every year i can tfind when they are having it. Why dont they advertise it better?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm back. The 3D trails were steep and muddy with a big boulder behind every target. :tongue: I lost an arrow, but it was NOT a total miss...I blew a chunk out of a cougar with a high hit and it blasted off into the woods!:embara:I had fun, ate well and bought a stab from Bernire Pellerite...a control freak sidebar. I shot at the range with it and it works great! Now to sink the cash into a full setup. That'll cost a pretty penny!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Went and had a very cool time....gotta watch out for those arrow pullers though , huh XP ..... lmao !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whoa man steep doesnt even describe that hill. By the time i got to target 1 on trail 1 i was thinking "(Pick your word) THIS!" I shot right over the back of the first target and into that stump with over a hundred inserts in it. I did enjoy the festival tho. My cousin had 3rd in the clay shoot when we left on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
pahuntnut said:
every year i want to go. but every year i can tfind when they are having it. Why dont they advertise it better?
It's always two weeks prior to the season opener.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I always go, but unfortunately can't shoot. I have to work a booth right inside the big metal building. I had the one right inside the door with the Martin bows for sale.

So now you know I'm one of the old guys.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bfisher said:
I always go, but unfortunately can't shoot. I have to work a booth right inside the big metal building. I had the one right inside the door with the Martin bows for sale.

So now you know I'm one of the old guys.
I probably saw you there...I wish I woulda' known and said HELLO!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is in Forksville, PA...in Sullivan County...east of Williamsport in the boonies! :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Aint that near Shunk ? :shade:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts