Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any games that people play with buddies when shooting? I have heard of darts but wondering if anyone has any others?

·
Registered
252 Posts
arrow tag you shoot an arrow and its arrow season

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Game

My buddies and I play one that's works very well for us. One person picks a spot of undetermined yardage, closest one to the middle of the kill zone gets a point. You can call out a kill shot and if you make it you get two points, one of my buddies is deadly when it comes to spine shots. When we where first starting to play we did closest to the kill zone including counting all areas that can kill an animal, i.e. spine shots. A couple of months before hunting season we start throwing in real life hunting situations like kneeling down, shooting through clear holes in the bushes, and in between branches. Just don't get carried away like one of my buddies who likes to shoot through the bushes when there is only a one inch hole, he doesn't have very many arrows left.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My sons and I take the drink coasters from Chilis restaurants, poke a hole in one corner and run string thru it.

Then we hang it and shoot at it. Makes for a long contest if it's a windy day.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I've got a indoor game

I created a indoor game you might want to try.

I call it Grand Slam, a baseball game, where let's say, there are 10 archers and according to their past indoor scores, you pair up the highest with the lowest scoring archers as a team making five teams.

You know, #1 with #10, #2 with #9, and so on.

Draw a baseball diamond on a 16 by 16 inch piece of cardboard and place a Xring, ( 1 1/4 inch ), from the NFAA 20 yard target's bull's eye as home base, place a 2 inch size bull's eye including the Xring again for 1st base, ( you'll have to measure and cut these out ), and a 2 1/2 inch bull for second base, and lastly the 3 inch bull's eye for third base.

Each archer can shoot all three arrows at the home plate for three points, ( it gets crowded ), or load the bases up, ( one arrow in each base except home plate ), which entitles you to shoot a fourth arrow at home plate for the GRAND SLAM for 4 points.

Bad news! If you miss home plate on your fourth arrow, you end up with nothing, which makes this effort a gamble.

If you shoot all three arrows in the third base, you collect two points with a man left on third. Get it?

Shoot nine innings each, total your scores and the highest scoring team wins.

Since teams are never the same, not the same team wins all the time, speading the victories around to everyone.

Since one archer is really good and the other, ( which is usually me ), is not really good, this makes great team competition.

We put in a dollar each and the winning team collects.

It's tons of fun.

PM me if you have question or just reply.

Try it indoors or outdoors!:wink:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
I have a 30" x 30" foam target that I shoot at. I took a peice of poster boad and made a upscale size dart board and spray painted it on there. We take turned (just like in darts) however when it is your turn, you pick the"undetermined" distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts