Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum and heard great things about this site. The situation I have... well I brought my bow to get worked on last week and the guy bent my riser. I brought it back and they are going to replace the riser (lifetime warranty anyways). I also complained about the limbs that they didn't look right also. So I am getting new limbs and a riser. How crucial is this fix and will my bow be the same? My bow is a Hoyt Ultra sport if thats needed. I am really frustrated with the situation, it also doesn't help that opening day is around the corner. Please if anybody can help me, I would greatly appreciat it!
Thank you!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds like you are just getting a new rig. You will have to retune everything of course. As far as how it shoots, it is the same kind of bow so it should feel the same. And you should be able to set it up like before. But you better get started, season is coming.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, any help is very useful! Well hopefully I get back before the season, supposedly I am going to get before the weekend.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Sounds like they are getting you a new bow. Chances are it will take a few months. Better have a plan B for hunting.

And NEVER let that shop work on your bow. Find another dealer or send it to Crackers or someone else to tune it. Or just learn to tune it yourself:)

ox

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yeah I went and kindly told them how mad I was at the situation so the manager said that he will have them overnight the riser and limbs (fingers crossed). As for plan "B", I don't have one, anyone have any?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts