Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am puting Archery in are shool here and need to know where i can get a instrutor manual for me to study befor i go get myself certify so i can be part of the of this in school i know that i have to get myself in to some class put i need to have a book first be for hand so that i have time to get the info in to me :D

runawaysXs is going all the way back to school:D

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
for that the NAA (used) to publish a manual designed just for that. I can't remember the name of it but it has a younger (hair and all) Jay Barrs on the front in a group picture. It was a joint effort of several NAA coaches including (I believe) Don Campbell. It was the book that the Level I-IV coaching classes derived most of their stuff from.

NADA which now certies NAA I and II's as well as the intermediate instructor (same as the NAA level II now) has some less comprehensive manuals for those two basic levels

(I am a NFAA Master Coach and NAA Level II and fully familiar with the NAA level III and fairly familiar with the Current Level IV curriculum)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALL SORTS OF READING

thank you very much

runawaysXs

·
Occam's Razor
8,394 Posts
A good book for students is the steps to success activity series, written by a Kathleen M. Haywood and Catherine F. Lewis. It is "Archery, Step to Success". Term illustrations, step by step, ideal for the classroom. Both of the authors are college professors, so they handle each and every detail.

I should be so lucky to follow it myself....lol...............ck

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
Clayking has the ticket. If I were to teach archery the Haywood & Lewis book would be the text. It offers basic to semi advanced materials along with self tests and troubleshooting guides. I think it is a great resource even for accomplished archers. DCM

·
Registered
726 Posts
I am not sure if it's on the NAA website or not. Last month I emailed FITA headquarters in France and ordered the new"Coaches Manual""Entry Level". There is more than enough information in it for beginner archers.
http://www.archery.org

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts