Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few posts removed and I have no real idea why. I was not asking for anything ! I only wanted to tell people about what I and probably many other archers have had to do in times of need sell what many would call their life and hobbies. I would for one do anything for my children!! if that means giving up for a time a bow well so be it. I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!!! I was wondering how many others have gone threw this period in life. I AM ASKING FOR NOTHING so moderators please do not delete this post PLEASE. I if need be will go during hunting season spend that time in the woods with my children and show them the real meaning of "HUNTING". GOD BLESS and please HUG your kids DAN

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I have alot of things on my list before my bow would ever go. I dont think I would be the same person without archery. My kids and wife are my world and I would do what I had to but I am just saying that I will sell a lot of things before I would part with my bow. Sorry for your tough times. God bless you in your time of need.

JH

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fine and times are good I am living and loving life and I did what I wanted to and not what I had to but being a Daddy and husband is more than enough for me. I guess my priority's are not the same as everyone's but they are mine . I am totally pleased with my choice and do not regret it at all. GOD BLESS DAN

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Archery is a huge priority. I will always have a bow. I will lose, tv, internet, computer, bikes, atv, sell my nice truck and get a "beater" all before I give up my bow. But my family will always be with me too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i did not mean for it to be taken that way at all. i am just saying for me and me alone i did and will do what i think i should . we only need to remember one thing from all of this be happy and HUG our most dear KIDS.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Ive sold some guns because i was short on money. If it came to my kids having to eat then i would sell everything i own. I cannot imagine anyone here would sacrifice archery for their kids if it came down to absolutes.

·
Registered
839 Posts
faith, family, and friends in that order.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Here's the way I have it figured.......I sell my bow so we can eat. A few days later, we need MORE money to eat.....yet now I have no bow as well. I sell something else, and the trend continues. Pretty soon we still need to eat, yet now we have absolutely nothing. I'd rather find a way to eat AND still have everything, because if we're just delaying the inevitable by selling everything we own.......then might as well bring it on quicker and still be able to do a few things you enjoy. IMO there are always better ways to approach this dilemma.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
If my kids need to eat, I grab my bow and kill something for them to eat... in season or out, they come first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hug my kids while we are shooting at the range. Or when i drop them off at there treestand or ground blind. We shoot and hunt as a family the wifes as eat up with it as i am. Thats where all our extra money goes to archery and hunting stuff so if times get any harder we got plenty of stuff to unload. But think the tv phone electric and so would go first at our house.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Here's the way I have it figured.......I sell my bow so we can eat. A few days later, we need MORE money to eat.....yet now I have no bow as well. I sell something else, and the trend continues. Pretty soon we still need to eat, yet now we have absolutely nothing. I'd rather find a way to eat AND still have everything, because if we're just delaying the inevitable by selling everything we own.......then might as well bring it on quicker and still be able to do a few things you enjoy. IMO there are always better ways to approach this dilemma.
I agree! Plus I can take my bow out back and have meat in just mere minutes. In two or three days I can get more meat to eat than the price of a used bow can buy. ;)

Just something for the OP to think about. But, then again, I did just drive through Elmira yesterday on my way to the shop in Horseheads, though, and never saw any small game anywhere. :lol:

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
If my kids need to eat, I grab my bow and kill something for them to eat... in season or out, they come first.
Personally in that situation I'm taking a rifle and a spotlight. And then stopping by the local feedyard.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sold the bow and other stuff so that my daughter could go on her junior trip with her class. I had some money saved up for her at one time but who knew our well would dry up and needed to have a new one drilled. I am not saying I am so poor I can't feed my family. I am only saying that when unseen things happen in life I in my own way found a way to do what I feel I needed to do.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
I'd get rid of the TV, internet, and phone service, before I got rid of my hunting gear.

·
Registered
30,678 Posts
I'd get rid of the TV, internet, and phone service, before I got rid of my hunting gear.
+1

Archery is the one thing my family does together. Can't really put a price tag on that. Aside from that, you need to do something for fun. The bows and club membership are paid.. any use of it now is basically free. Why sell the equipment and have to pay anytime we wanna go do anything else? Being poor isnt so bad if you aren't bored too.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Personally in that situation I'm taking a rifle and a spotlight. And then stopping by the local feedyard.
Right on:darkbeer: If times ever really got that bad (disaster etc...) I GURANTEE I would have food.

Derek

1 - 19 of 19 Posts