Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Any know when an upgrade will be released with the data of the new shafts that were introduced this year. :rolleyes:

Too Is AA in the same boat or have they made the changes to thier software to accommodate the new shafts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I cannot answer that about the program as i have never used a computer to do my feild work?this is/has always been one of the best things about archery IMO I will never down load through a computer what I love to do HANDS-ON,not that Iam downing those that use a computer to work for them like I said IMO every time I shoot my bow I LEARN SOMETHING NEW any program will teach me as well but hands -on is the way to go for me GOOD LUCK

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Geronimo it's nice just having to shoot 2 distances and having all your marks set for you. Can spend more time practicing and making sure the marks are good rather than getting the marks.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard with Eastons most of the info is in the catalog. The gpi, spine and deflection. Just the o.d. would be needed. TAP has the navigators in the arrow database.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Tony is often on here and if you email him he is very quick to get back to you.Good guy by the way! He has updates on there very often and to my knowledge his database is up to date. Check his website under downloads and see, perhaps you aren't downloading them or installing them correctlly

·
Registered
183 Posts
This may very well be nice to shoot two distances and feel comfortable?personelly I enjoy shooting on a daily basis,recording this information the old fashioned way

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ian said:
Shouldn't be too hard with Eastons most of the info is in the catalog. The gpi, spine and deflection. Just the o.d. would be needed. TAP has the navigators in the arrow database.

Sorry to pop your bubble Ian. But I am running the most current version of AP that is available and no Navigators in here. :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
geronimo1172 said:
I cannot answer that about the program as i have never used a computer to do my feild work?this is/has always been one of the best things about archery IMO I will never down load through a computer what I love to do HANDS-ON,not that Iam downing those that use a computer to work for them like I said IMO every time I shoot my bow I LEARN SOMETHING NEW any program will teach me as well but hands -on is the way to go for me GOOD LUCK

Don't use it for field work. Shaft selection is the duty is the assignment I have assigned it. Saves big money when messing with ACE's and X10's

·
Registered
644 Posts
Plainsman,
I just checked mine and I have navigators in my database for spine, ect. Are you guys downloading the arrow database after you install the program?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just pulled this off Tony's website for you guys to see in case you missed it:

Arrow Database: The latest arrow database has added several new arrows as well as fixed a few diameter issues. This file will work fine with all versions of "The Archery Program" from Version 4.5.0 to the present. (updated 5/11/2003)Easton Navigators have now been added!!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
archermatt said:
Plainsman,
I just checked mine and I have navigators in my database for spine, ect. Are you guys downloading the arrow database after you install the program?
Got it. When I down loaded it was sending the file to the windows temp folder instead of where I told it to go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Great, just wanted to make sure it was working for you. I know I used it in determining what navigators to buy. Good luck! Matt

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
Archerys Advantage has them...................ck

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Does the Navigators come back as a runtime Error when you try to match them with a Scepter III W/ 29" 60# draw Fury X cam Elite Limbs?

Show only the 430 as an option leaves all the others blank. When I click the blank that is when I get the runtime error.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'll check

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes is does, not sure why other than Tony might have to rewrite some code to select one size navigator.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
archermatt said:
Yes is does, not sure why other than Tony might have to rewrite some code to select one size navigator.
Cool. Now to get the others in :D

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Only get the error if you click on the blank otherwise. I just use the arrow section select the arrow and see what the spine thing says.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Plainsman-

I just re-posted the arrow databse with the Navigators fixed. There aren't more blanks. Just re-download the arrow database and extract it to the default location.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts