Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do you beleive in accuracy of these programs. building sight tapes arrow choices etc?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
The arrow selections are right on the money...as are the sight tapes. If you enter the info correctly.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,352 Posts
upnorth said:
how much do you beleive in accuracy of these programs. building sight tapes arrow choices etc?
You must measure the sight to peep distance to an accuracy of 1/16th inch or better.

You need to measure the vertical distance from the center line of the arrow shaft (arrow shaft must be horizontal) to the centerline of the peep sight.

AMO Draw length also must be measured to the 1/16th.

Best way to measure these measurements is with your bow in a draw board.
That way, you can measure twice and take your time to get the measurements very accurately.

Like Brown Hornet says,
if you plug in the info accurately,
the sight tapes and arrow shaft selection will be very accurate.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
programs

Once you learn the system, those programs are dead on accurate...like the previous posters said, you must enter the correct information first, to get an accurate data output. I have two of the three programs, and either one is worth their weight in gold medals...with my sight tapes, my shooting partners and I have amassed many trophies, stste championships, and national placings in all of the archery venues...I would bet the farm on my tapes at any distance anytime...these programs are the first tool any serious archer should have in their arsenal.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know they work and how to use them. what im woudering i why when i quote numbers from there sheets do people call me a liar? my bow last year at 74 lbs with 370 grain arrow was shooting 331 fps. according to taps program that arrow would still be doing 284 fps at 150 yards with 67 ke.so whos right taps or the a t experts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts