Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any?

This coming year (actually within the past couple of days) I've decided to eliminate (as much as possible) 20 years of accumulated bad habits and really start working on bettering my form, and shooting with back tension-whether with a BT release or caliper style.

I've managed to be able to shoot pretty tight when I'm on top of my game, but my consistency from day to day leaves alot to be desired. In years past I would just say to myself "well thats the way my form is", or "thats the way I shoot..can't change it now" or "works well enough"...that kind of crap to make myself feel better.

But this coming year I'm going to shake it up, and really challenge myself. Instead of buying a bow or other gear that "band-aids" or caters to my form problems, I'm going to work on making things difficult and fixing the problems as best I can :thumb:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Anyone have any?

This coming year (actually within the past couple of days) I've decided to eliminate (as much as possible) 20 years of accumulated bad habits and really start working on bettering my form, and shooting with back tension-whether with a BT release or caliper style.

I've managed to be able to shoot pretty tight when I'm on top of my game, but my consistency from day to day leaves alot to be desired. In years past I would just say to myself "well thats the way my form is", or "thats the way I shoot..can't change it now" or "works well enough"...that kind of crap to make myself feel better.

But this coming year I'm going to shake it up, and really challenge myself. Instead of buying a bow or other gear that "band-aids" or caters to my form problems, I'm going to work on making things difficult and fixing the problems as best I can :thumb:

I did that a few years ago and spent the entire winter in my garage with my BT and alot of blank bale.As well as paper testing just to see how my shot was coming off from shot to shot.I came out that spring absolutley on fire,but unfortunately,I burnt out halfway through the 3-d season (I know you know a little about that)

Good luck,just make sure it is still fun.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that a few years ago and spent the entire winter in my garage with my BT and alot of blank bale.As well as paper testing just to see how my shot was coming off from shot to shot.I came out that spring absolutley on fire,but unfortunately,I burnt out halfway through the 3-d season (I know you know a little about that)

Good luck,just make sure it is still fun.
Thanks for the advice bro- and yeah..def want to keep it fun! :) I need to challenge myself and work @ it, but not make it a chore. That will be the toughest part I think. Been mentally psyching myself up about the bad days I will have and making sure I don't crash & burn :D

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
Back Tension

I agree. I just started Back tension shooting recently. I can see this is going to take a while. It's awesome when it works, though. I'm going to keep at it with my Carter Only.:mg::mad::confused:

The other thing is to either convince myself I really don't need a fourth bow in 2010, or to find justification for said bow. Huh? What did I just say...???:confused:

Oh yeah, have fun too.:archer:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am going to improve my form, and not quit until I can put four consecutive arrows into a four inch circle at 60 yards. That is what I AM going to do.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts