Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody owned and shot one of these? I shot the original '03 version. The grip was the most comfortable on the market but vibration and recoil was beyond ridiculous.

Having said that, there's an 05 or 06 new in box on sale in a local sporting goods store for a LOW price and I'm thinking of picking it up.

Opinions on this bow?

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I never had the AR37 but I had the AR31 & the AR35, I liked them both....The AR35 was a good shooting bow. I agree that the grips on them rocked, probably my favorite thing about them. The AR37 with a good stabilizer on it should make a great shooting rig, I hope the rumors are right and PSE brings the AR line back in '09. An AR version of the X-Force would be a good looking bow cause I always liked that riser design.

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
The only AR I liked was my AR37 single ram plus cam. Thats one bow I sure wished I had back :cry:

To answer your question the hybrid cam will have a fair amount of vibration and noise. However the ones I shot were before the STS type stoppers so I'm sure today that noise and vibration can be dampened greatly.

If that store really wants to sale you the bow they should let you shoot it, then you'll know if you like it. Also some used ones on here cheap as well. PSE doesn't maintain a high resale value so you can usually pick one up pretty cheap.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have an AR37 and if you have extreme shock and vibration, you need to set your timing and sync on the cams. Mine has no more and maybe slightly less than my hoyt UT with CC+.

·
Banned
790 Posts
i just bought an AR37 single cam it has almost no hand shock at all its one great shooting bow

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
ATA 37 inches not sure on the brace height

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure the brace was 7 inches.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Yep 37" AtoA & a 7" brace height....Even though I shoot a bow that's shorter on AtoA & brace height now "X-Force" to me a 37" bow with a 7" brace is about perfect. I always liked a longer bow "until I went to the X-Force".

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have an AR37 and if you have extreme shock and vibration, you need to set your timing and sync on the cams. Mine has no more and maybe slightly less than my hoyt UT with CC+.
X2----
Cam timing on the ram and a half cam is critical for shock and noise free shooting and unfortunatly most bows left the dealers/retailers shelves way out of tune so some of the AR's had a bad rap because of this.
I have the AR35 07 model and man what a shooter that bow is. I don't have the cams "perfect" yet but it is silent, calm to shoot and will shoot with all but the newest speed bows, and group 3" at 60 yards all day long.

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep 37" AtoA & a 7" brace height....Even though I shoot a bow that's shorter on AtoA & brace height now "X-Force" to me a 37" bow with a 7" brace is about perfect. I always liked a longer bow "until I went to the X-Force".

I'm just the opposite, I shot shorter bows until about a year and a half ago. I now shoot bows in the 38-39" range. I tried shooting a freinds X force awhile back and had a very hard time keeping it stable. Not the bows fault, I've just gotten so used to longer bows, shorter ones are now very hard for me to shoot.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
It does make a difference, and honestly at really long range shots I still feel like I shoot a longer bow better...But I've shot my X-Force out to 90yds a few times and managed to pull off a 7" or so group at that distance with it "not every time but sometimes".
If your looking for a longer AtoA bow and you dont buy that AR37 look around for a PSE Mojo 3-D, specs are pretty much the same as the AR37 and the things shoot great, I shot 3-D and hunted with one a few years ago and it was a great shooting bow. One of the best shooting bows I've ever owned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts