Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am looking for an archery shop near Fort Myers, fl anyone know of anything?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
hi i am looking for an archery shop near Fort Myers, fl anyone know of anything?
Sorry man your SOL. I don't even think there is one in Naples anymore. Veince would be the closest place. You may want the look up the Lee County Archers they are a good club and can help if you need help. Anyone can shoot free Thursday nights and every 3rd Sunday is a 3D shoot for $15. Good Luck.

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
Not to highjack your thread, but I was wondering if there were any shops or shoots near that area. My mother just moved to FM and I'll be headed down there Sep. 10th for a 2 week vacation.

Are there any hogs in that area? maybe I could sneek away from the family for a day.

·
Land of the Giants!!
4,374 Posts
I live in fort myers and the closest bow shop is in venice. I've never been to it bc its too far away lol.

ILLbucknut...pm me about hog hunting. I've got a few options.

·
Treetop Assassins
558 Posts
Kuruk -- I live in Bradenton and just went to one in Tampa yesterday called The Archery Shop. I only ordered a new cam through them, but the shop seemed really nice. Lots of product, well maintained. I know it's a bit of a hike, but maybe worth a try. The one in Venice (Cook's), in my opinion, is overpriced.

·
Treetop Assassins
558 Posts
Fullstrutter... Just read your "live blog" from last season. Unreal. Great hunt. Great story. Great storytelling... And this is coming from a Journalism major. Do you have any trail cam photos from this summer yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kuruk -- I live in Bradenton and just went to one in Tampa yesterday called The Archery Shop. I only ordered a new cam through them, but the shop seemed really nice. Lots of product, well maintained. I know it's a bit of a hike, but maybe worth a try. The one in Venice (Cook's), in my opinion, is overpriced.
thanks buddy the land i hunt on is actually in myakka, ill check them out

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
There are several shops near Fort Myers that you could look into...

Two are in Naples:
Split Oak Firearms <--- Mathews and Mission dealer
Surf and Turf <--- Hoyt

Arcadia, FL which is about 45 minutes north of FM you have Gators and Guns a Bowtech and Bear dealer. New shop, but extremely knowledgable staff and pretty nice.

If you are looking to drive Tampa has the Archery Shop which carries all major lines and is absolutely fantastic...bit it's a 2 hr drive north.

Venice has a shop called Cook's...but if you're going to drive there save yourself the trip and try Gators and Guns.

We have an outstanding archery club here called Lee County Archers...we are open to the public on Thursdays we host indoor leagues (Vegas and 5 spot) as well as 3D league (which we are wrapping up now). We have some superb shooters who are always willing to lend a hand as well as a full bow shop on site so help is always around. The third Sunday we host a 3D tourney with entry being only $10 for 40 targets. The grounds have several elevated platforms to simulate tree stand shots...google the name and you'll see the web site.

As for hogs...they are everywhere! If you're interested let me know...there are several ranches or private land I can get you on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah Split Oak is in Naples on Collier about a mile south of pine ridge. The owner really seemed to know what he was doing! I bought a Z7 extreme from him last week. Treated me right. Very small shop but all i need!! Check him out really nice guy his name is Jeff 239-353-1533 He is an authorized Mathews dealer but im sure he can get other stuff. Also has some guns for sale

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also i have dealt with Archery Authority in Okeechobee. Those people know what they are doing as well but its about a 2 hour drive from here boss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts