Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tap Vs On Target Vs ??

In the market and don't know nuthin' bout none of 'em.

My use will include...
Arrow trajectory
Downrange KE calcualtor (longhand sucks:eek:)
Trouble shooting for best setup
Sight tape making.

Is one better than the other and what are the features of each?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang ya'll move me down the page quick!
Anyone?:wink:

·
Registered
381 Posts
im still figurin it out but i also like the ontarget2.. My buddy has archers advantage and i like this one better... GOOD LUCK>>>:darkbeer:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have both TAP and OnTarget 2. They are both nice programs, though I am using OnTarget more. Seems easier to use. On thing I have noticed is when picking arrow spine, the 2 programs differ greatly.

I have a Mathews DXT 70#, 28" draw length. I shoot Easton Axis arrows, all cut to 28" 100gr tips.
TAP says I should be using 300's which shows up a little on the stiff side, but with 125gr tips is perfect.
OnTarget says 400's are perfect with 100g tips.

I have 300, 340, and 400 shafts so I can experiment.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and has any input as to which program is more correct?

·
Registered
506 Posts
They are both great programs with positives and negatives. I like them both and use both. Either program will give you what you need. Both have great customer support.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hey Kelly,

Buy both & charge it to the City.....buy the looks of your picture your in enough trouble as it is....so one small charge to the city wont cost much...

Paul

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Kelly,

Buy both & charge it to the City.....buy the looks of your picture your in enough trouble as it is....so one small charge to the city wont cost much...

Paul
Can't text my order anymore....they tool my "texting device" for evidence:wink:

Thanks Gents.
Much obliged.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts