Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across a youtube video on a "new" sport called "Archery Tag". Looks like a cool way to get a lot of folks pulling strings who might not otherwise be interested in archery. In fact, that's the reason we (a small SCA like group I used to belong to) tried to get it going 20 years ago. We based our arrows on SCA "combat" arrows with a bit more foam. They look pretty much the same as what "Deerspace" came up with. His are more based on paintball rules. Kudo's to them for trying to bring it main stream. Anyone try it?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ran across a youtube video on a "new" sport called "Archery Tag". Looks like a cool way to get a lot of folks pulling strings who might not otherwise be interested in archery. In fact, that's the reason we (a small SCA like group I used to belong to) tried to get it going 20 years ago. We based our arrows on SCA "combat" arrows with a bit more foam. They look pretty much the same as what "Deerspace" came up with. His are more based on paintball rules. Kudo's to them for trying to bring it main stream. Anyone try it?
Iv actually seen a paint ball conversion kit for a bow. A kid is selling one local attached to a diamond razor edge. The only issue i see is it puts the these are toys into kids eyes and they dont treat them as dangerous tool they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts