Archery Talk Forum banner

Archery Talk and your spending habits...

683 14
....since I joined back in 2005....I rekon I have "dumped" almost $8,000 into archery equipment....

and to think....prior to that date....hmmnnnn...I can't remember what I spent my "disposable" income on???

kinda like....life after kids...versus life before kids....

you guys with kids...remember what you and your wife used to do with the "time" before you had kids!!

hell....who cares...it's Friday + it's :darkbeer::30...

:slice:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Since I joined AT I have spent a lot of money. The hard part is trying to explain the packages in the mail and ups deliveries. It used to be a lot easier for me when my cousin owned his archery shop and I worked for him. Got everything for cost and payment in arrows and odds and ends. Now I am back to spending full price or so on products I know the cost of. I really miss buying a new Hoyt for cost. And yeah its that time for me also.

· Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another bonus...good thing they make most bows in different camo patterns...yet most of the camo patterns start to look all the same...

if you know what I mean...

..what honey?....nah?....I had this bow last season...see...look at the camo pattern...yup...got the leaves...the muted browns..greens...greys....

· Registered
10,641 Posts
My spending has gone through the roof. BEfore AT I owned three bows and a handful of accessories. Since AT I have owned about 25 bows, bought most of them on AT, and just about every arrow rest, arrow, and sight known to man. It is absurd really. I need to learn to be satisfied, and sometimes I am for a few weeks, then somebody goes and post some thread about some dandy new item and I have to try it. I need to get banned.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
As long i get home 1st all is good...if i dont them i adjust the price

No really honey it was used I got it on Archery talk for $12 shipped...LOL or was it $120 I was only off with 1.....But my wife shoots so it's getting hard to get away with

· Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My spending has gone through the roof. BEfore AT I owned three bows and a handful of accessories. Since AT I have owned about 25 bows, bought most of them on AT, and just about every arrow rest, arrow, and sight known to man. It is absurd really. I need to learn to be satisfied, and sometimes I am for a few weeks, then somebody goes and post some thread about some dandy new item and I have to try it. I need to get banned.

..yup....

· Registered
1,422 Posts
As some said earlier, and I quote:

"One of my biggest fear if I die, Is that my wife might sell my archery equipment for what I have told her I paid for it..."

· Registered
1,586 Posts
oh the money i have spend.... it is certainly adding up. I am currently on a spending freeze, unless of course i need to replace some arrows :sad:

· Registered
101 Posts
the money i have spent ughhh!!!
but what she dosen't know wont hurt her and i too agree that to the wife a camo bow is the same one i had 10 years ago

money spent oh well and my local shop puts all my purchases on a slip and i pay them a little each week so my wife dosent miss 40 or 50 bucks

and time spent with my son priceless

· Registered
362 Posts
I thought it would be cheaping than shooting my rifes being you resoot the same arrows. But then I got my bow and joined the local archery club and started looking at others set ups and now I just keep finding things I want or want to try:doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.