Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinken...I think it would be intresting to see a list of all the archery terms yall have all used or have heard someone use.
Feal free to poste anything

Ex. if we were talking about golf one mite put---FOUR!!!

----------------------------------------------------
If you dont like the results your getting change what your doing to get those results.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Fore-arm(n): 1. The part of the arm between the elbow and wrist often used as a string vibration dampner for those shooting bows with a short brace height or too long a draw length.

Red Badge of Archery (n): A red welt left mid way down the forearm due to shooting a bow with a very short brace height or too long of a draw.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Shank!!!

WR
In Golf a Shank:( , is a ball hit sharply right(right handed player)
I believe you,ve seen me Shank my Release about 35yds before:rolleyes: You would think being 43 years old I'd grow up:D But Damn it feels good to chuck a Wedge or a release:p

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
98 Redline-
After checking out new bows all weekend, most that were a little too long for me, I resemble your definition of fore-arm!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Me too. The string on my 29" ultratec stretched some and left me with a 30" Ultratec. Took about 5 arrows and I was off to the shop to get some twists put in with a short stop at the kitchen for an ice cube to ease the swelling.

·
Registered
212 Posts
"Fly by" - Complete miss on a 3-d target.

"Drive by shooting" - just punching the tirgger when it goes by the x.

"Got foam" - I'm just glad i didn't lose an arrow on that 1.

"Where's the target" - Heard very often during the tough man novelty shoot last weekend. 6 targets & only 1 arrow, good luck :D

"That's why they make a 5 spot target" - Usually said to the guy complaning about breaking an arrow while shooting groups of 5 arrows into a single spot target.

That's all i can think of right now......................................DF1

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was letting down and BLAME the thing just went off...Of corse I never say that:)
Man it is windy, rainy, sunny, calm etc.
I would have had a higher score if I had shot more xs.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
'Something wrong with my bow' - I made a bad shot but it really was not me.

'KACHING' - when you hear the arrows smack together in the target, archery shop workers usually say KACHING and think about all the money they will be getting for new arrows.

'Just Out' - Way outside but you do not want to look bad.

LeEarl

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
The Best I have heard is Darrell Pace's definition of shooting through your clicker

A PREMATURE ECLIKULATION

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
"kodak moment" - all arrows in the 10.
"foam is good"- often used on tough courses after hitting a target.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Jarlicker- when you just caught the line.

Tweener- When someone asks how far you shot that for and your not sure, you just put the kill between the pins.

I AM- when your at Redding shooting BHFS on Big Foot and someone says your in the spot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
"PUNCHED IT": Did not squeeze.
"CAUGHT PEEKING": Missed low to the left dropping bow to see where the arrow went.

I will try to think of a few more!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
When I make a good shot.I say 1 in a row. Or if the 12 was there I would have had it.or a miss is just below the 5 line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts