Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Jesse and I just recently moved back to Germany. I will be here for the next 3-4 years and would like to shoot some tournaments. I was wondering if there is someone who can point me in the right direction to when they are, where they are and some common rules, ie; weight, length, etc... I shoot indoor, vegas, 3d, FITA, NFAA. any help or info would be great. I also found the site for next years european 3d shoot. Will there be anythng like that this year?
Thanks; Jesse Dahlberg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved to

Vilseck, it's about 25 minutes from Amberg and 45 from Nurenburg.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great! Then you should come to Teublitz, one of the oldest 3D in Germany. I live in Regensburg, approx 45-60 minutes to Vilseck. I will contact you when I get the latest dates.
Till then
Martin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great! Then you should come to Teublitz, one of the oldest 3D in Germany. I live in Regensburg, approx 45-60 minutes to Vilseck. I will contact you when I get the latest dates.
Till then
Martin

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wunderbar

My wife is german so she can be the translator, I was in Regensburg 2 weeks ago, played them in Rugby, we won 75-10. I hope they shoot archery better than they play rugby.... :teeth: our home number is 09662-422670 in case you want to call. I have most weekends off. Also what are the distances you guys shoot here? 30-40-50 meters for 3D?

Thanks; Jesse

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi Hotyman

On the most privat tournaments the trammers use the IFAA rules. This mean maximum range 60 yard or some times 60 Meter. On some tournaments they have one fun shoot over 60 yard however on a big self-made animal like a buffalo or a moose.

Enjoy you time here, Caracal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tournaments in Germany

Welcome in Germany Hotyman ;)

I´ll try to help a bit. Please excuse my "perfect" english ;).

My wife and me just restarted archery 2 months ago after a ´bout 4 year break. We shot 4 tournaments and a championship now. So i somewhat can imagine your problems getting started here ;) .
We planned to give us a year to get back in archery again and are both still struggling to get shooting style, range estimations, ... up again :( .

Most tournaments here stick to the IBO or IFAA ruleset. Some special "funshots" (tournaments only) excluded.

To be well prepared for anything just check pinset (target-impact-points) or whatever you use at any distance:
- between zero (right infront where the arrow went off) and 70 m.
- straight and "not so straight" down to yer feet and some meters more.
- "close to" straight up, etc.
- Shooting from standing to lowest possible sitting position (thats 4 different for me).
- be aware of training possible "positioning yourself and the bow problems" - (anything possible with one foot at the mark and the other leg anyhow anywhere ;).
- be aware of the arrows flightpath above and below the line of sight and measure that in training. Nice to know later when shooting pass-through and beyond something to hit something else behind.

Any Tournament connected with the DBSV (german archery sports organisation) is linked with the FITA organisation and will stick to IBO rules. Usually its some "3D" part in the name, but not sure at all. These are the "FITA 3D" - organisation tournaments and championships (something like 5-tournament state-bowl-, state championships, german championships, club tournaments). These are usually no "grandpa-walks" !

Anything else should be DFBV (german field bow organisation) and connected with IFAA ruleset. These Tournaments usually show some "Jagdbogen..." (bowhunting) etc. in the description. Same like above u got tournaments and german championships there, not the other types. DFBV is a much smaller organisation than the FITA - connected DBSV and thats why. Same last comment as above here.

In Austria there is also a "3D" organisation - spreaded around to neighbours as former Jugoslavia, Hungaria, ... These guys stick to IBO rules. Not sure if they run some south german tournaments.

Be aware there are "traditional" tournaments existing here, just allowing some Bows of the "lower tech types" ! Be sure to check if your equipment is ok for the tournament.

Wellknown Tournaments and Championships maybe "filled up and closed" early. Usually nothing but your money in the clubs purse early enough saves your participation!

There are several "Permanent Parcours" standing all the (summer?)time in Austria and less of them in Germany. For a fee per day you can shoot and train there mostly close to undisturbed. Some of them are really amazing!

Longest lasting parcour-trainingtime for Erika and me was 7 1/2 hours in Waidring/Austria some years ago. Those guys from the club saw our departure time in the book and were discussing to get the emergency-mountaineers up to the hills when we came back ;) .

To get an impression whats running in Central Europe tournament-wise, you can start with the following Sites:

www.bogensport.ch (germany, Swizerland, Austria)
www.bogenturniere.de (germany)
www.fletchers-corner.de
www.turnierbilder.de
www.dbsv1959.de
www.dfbv.de

- just use the links there to get your "Favorites" set.

Hopefully i got you started somehow in the right direction ;) ...
In case i wrote "silly kiddy stuff to you" here - please excuse.

We (wife and me) will be in Biersdorf ("Hammer Zinnenschuss") and maybe in Heidelberg ("Bowhunter Jamboree") as next 2 weekend Tournaments (sat/sun). You can find them in the Links above.
If your there too, well be happy to meet you. Just gimme a hint who u are - these mickeymouse names in here somewhat dont ease the reallife connections ;) .

If u got some questions, just mail them ;) .

Have fun and be lucky ;)

Winfried Keller (@ Erika Rauschenberger)

·
Registered
153 Posts
blood tracking wirehair

Hello, first let me apologise for posting into a place where I know little about...

I am American lookin for some good advice on reading, video or DVDs on using dogs for blood tracking wounded game...and heard that Europeans / Germans have been experts at this for years... I get my wirehair dachshound
this weekend and would appreciate any advice that could be given (in English)

Thanks Curt Schafer (well at least I have a German last name...)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great, thanks

Thanks to all who have written, now I have to get the wife to translate the sites and figure out when and where the next shoot is. I planon practicing and getting my pins set from 2-70 yards, (hunting bow) and getting my target bow set from 5-80 yards. Can a person shoot several classes in germany? I have multiple compound target and hunting bows that I shoot. In the US we can shoot several classes like mens BHFS bow hunter free style, mens FS, free style, etc. I think I put my number down below, dont hesitate to call or if you PM me leave me a number and I can call one of you here in Germany. I would like to shoot a tournament somewhere in Germany or Austria next weekend if possible before our training picks up and I can't make a tournament. I am a very experienced archer and can adapt to the customs and rules quickly, I just need the when and how... Thanks;
Jesse Dahlberg

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Jesse,

there is a Tournament next Weekend in Traunfeld (Okt. 07), witch is not far from you.
If you want, you can get my Starting Place, i cant go.
Shoot ma a PM or E-mail, or reply here if you want to go.

Im sure your Wife can help with that HP.
http://hochlandsteig-traunfeld.de/indexbogen.htm

regards, Alex

·
Registered
20 Posts
coming tournaments

Hello Jesse
sure u can shoot whatever class u want in a tournament ( 1 at a time ;) ).

The tournament in the mail above is "traditionel" - not sure if any compound allowed. Some of those clubs/tournaments allow a "guest class" and some others strictly want a "wood only" longbow ...

I couldnt find a 3D tournament for this weekend (1./2.10.06) - except "Celle". no clue who is doing it - couldnt find anymore of it than the city name. Would be there otherwise.

7./8.10. : Hammer Zinnenschuss, Biersdorf,Tel. 06569-373

14./15.10. : Bowhunter Jamboree, Heidelberg Archers, Tel. 06205 - 14309

22.10. : 3D "Keltenschanze", Germering, Tel. 07145 - 3429 (im in hollydays shooting in Austria then)

11.11. : 3D Bowhunter, Hohenaar, Tel. 06446 - 939007

2.12. : Adventsturnier, 3D Hessencup, Neuenthal, Tel. 06105 - 946400

-alternate-

2./3.12. : 3D Wichtshausen (tournament "to be invented to"), 036846 - 409064

-Thats all for this Year, as far as i know atm.

See u somewhere and
be lucky ;)

Winfried

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Jesse,

did you go to Traunfeld ?? If so, did you like it? How was your first Tournament in germany ??

Alex

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
hey welcome...i live about a hour from you and the club i am in has a tournament the first saturday of march. it will be a little cold but let me know i could get you in and let you learn the ropes of german 3-d. 28 targets , unmarked distances and a couple moveing targets. lots of fun. check out burg ruprechtstein ...its not far from viseck. i think they have a web sight google it.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
by the way i have a buddy with a shop down the street from me. mostly trad but he can order what you need. might try getting your equipment on post at the rod and gun club though,probably cheaper.-

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Jesse
Welcome to Germany. In Teublitz, 20 Kilometers from Regensburg is a big archery club. Great guys and a awesome tournament.
You can shoot all bows from stickbow to compound.
Maybe i will be there too.
Click to the link below...many stuff to translate for your wife. :)))
http://www.feldbogenclub-teublitz.de/
Greetings Josef

1 - 18 of 18 Posts