Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with getting their orders within a respectable time frame? :sad:

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I've ordered from them a few times. A couple weeks ago I ordered some Predator camo. I got everything within the time frame they gave me.

·
THWACK!!!!
9,754 Posts
archery experts

I have ordered from them before and most of the time I receive things in a timely manner. On occasion though some of the items are back ordered and seems to take a little time to get. Also remember its going to be their busy time of year so they will probably sell out of a few things.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered from them before and got my gear within like 3 days.

This time, we're up to day 10 when I was told it would be here on Friday, LAST Friday!! If it ain't at my crib by tomorrow, I'm going to blow a gasket on someone.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
last time i checked they changed their name to troutdoors.com. but i didnt have any problem with shipping time frames.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hedoe said:
last time i checked they changed their name to troutdoors.com. but i didnt have any problem with shipping time frames.
Yeah, I guess its Tom Redmond Outdoors now. Tom has a brother (John) who is pretty tight with me and runs a outfitting business and is inviting me down for a hunt. http://www.mnfairchaseoutfitters.com/

Archery experts has real nice free magazine that I suggest you all request if you haven't already. I will warn you though, there is a picture of a Bowtech Bow on the front of it so don't let your kids get the mail while you are waiting on it. :tongue:

·
Banned
159 Posts
I laughed when I listen to the message about asking his "experts" anything. I calld and asked them the weight of some arrows they had on their website because it wasnt listed. The response I got was " I dont know". Sounds like its time for some new experts. LOL

·
Registered
413 Posts
i had a problem getting an order shipped that's too long for a post. To sum it up, part of it was backordered (had to call to find that out), so I asked if they could ship the rest of it in the meantime, and was told "sure", this went on for a month, each time a different excuse as to why the non-backordered part wasn't shipped, finally on the last call when I cancelled they said "oh, that's backordered too but we're going to get some today". I won't use them again.

Brian

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Albeit a couple days late, my jig and fletching arrived along with an autographed picture of my buddy Tom and a hog mulie taken via archery of course.

So, I guess I ain't mad at them. This was my 2nd order and probably won't be my last. :darkbeer:

·
Ad Meliora
17,203 Posts
RossDeathDraw said:
I laughed when I listen to the message about asking his "experts" anything. I calld and asked them the weight of some arrows they had on their website because it wasnt listed. The response I got was " I dont know". Sounds like its time for some new experts. LOL
Did that make you feel good?

You ever have to go through a learning phase?:confused:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm not sure what is going on with Archery Experts or Tom Redmond Outdoors or whatever they are calling it these days. Tom used to have proshops in the Twin Cities called Archery Experts, but shut them all down, and went to a strictly catalog and online ordering business. Several of the same proshop experts answered the phone and set bows up to the specs customers wanted, etc. They were archery exlusive/hunters and knew their stuff, an acquiantance of mine's uncle was one of these guys (extremely knowledgeable archer).

Recently I've seen Tom Redmond's TV ads for the TROutdoors.com, and I wondered what was up. I also thought their most recent catalog (last spring and still called Archery Experts at the time) had some realy junk in it, novelty camo and camping stuff, etc. My guess is that he's gotten rid of his "archery expert" prostaff, gone to a more barebones laystaff, and had to cover his tail by changing the company name, because they are no longer "experts." Mind you, this is only speculation, I mean no slander by it. I have been intrigued by the changes made by this company, mainly because I once took a trip to the Twin Cities and tried to stop into one of the proshops, only to find a catalog only store that wasn't open. As far as I know, all of this metamorphosis of the company has happened within the last 2-3 years.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I thinks its the time of year, a lot of stores are swamped with orders, Cabela is taking their sweet time with my order as well, they are usually very quick during the rest of the year.

I've seen Redmond's catalog and he has some great prices on top of the line gear and a fairly large selection. Haven't ordered from them though so I have no experience with their customer service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts