Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new "used vehicle" and would like to hear about your experiences. What year and make do you own and what makes them good or bad for your archery needs. Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
We have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. Great on gas mileage, but not so great on archery case space. Somehow we make everything fit (we have four people's equipment to cram into the trunk), but would love more room. For one or two people, it's ideal.

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
I am in the market for a new "used vehicle" and would like to hear about your experiences. What year and make do you own and what makes them good or bad for your archery needs. Thanks.
well we have a ford excursion. in it goes all three of our kits-which for me and my son means two bows (Liz shoots barebow so less stuff and no need for a backup-just spare limbs) our tent, chairs, Cooler, my repair kit (since I am the technical coach for our JOAD team and maintain 15 kids' gear) two spotting scopes with heavy bogen tripods, a table for food and gear in the tent, a bag full of rain gear, boots and often a couple extra sets of limbs or bows for our JOAD team members and at least one metal detector. sometimes we have a team member with us and of course our overnight bags. This vehicle also is used for hauling our club's trailer when we run tournaments-it can hold 15 -20 matts some stands etc

·
Registered
611 Posts
My wife teases all of us at the archery club. Says we don't have cars we have four wheel bow 4 wheel bow cases.
Mine is a Honda Stream but I often use the wifes four wheel drive 660cc Daihatsu Move Cool Latte.
Don't think you will find those in the USA though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This will be a surprise to a lot of people, but I can get two double recurve cases in the trunk of my 2006 Ford Fusion. One is easy, two is certainly snug, but I can get them in there, with room to spare for luggage (luggage should go in first). The car is a mid-size family sedan, built by Ford to compete with the Camry/Accord size cars. It has a V6, gets 27+ mpg (at 70 mph) on the highway. Its been a good car over the past 3 years. I don't know if more recent models have changed their trunk dimensions, but for the size car that it is, the truck in cavernous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts