Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Archerytalk Christmas
Time for the 3rd annual ARCHERYTALK CHRISTMAS!

Yes, I know what you're thinking.....It’s that time of year again already? Last year, many people got some nice gifts, including a half dozen fletched FMJ's, new knives, binoculars, gift cards, hunting DVD’s and books, even permission to hunt private land a weekend was given! Many surprises last year! Here is a description of how we will do it this year in order to weed out the mistakes and confusion that happened last year.......

This is set up sort of like a "Secret Santa" gift exchange except for one difference.......you get to choose if you want to be anonymous or not. If you want in, you will PM me your name and address. After the first round of registrations on Nov. 21st (final day to register so that the package will get to you before Christmas is Dec 12th), I will send you the name and address of another member and you will be responsible for sending them a gift. It will be up to you if you want to tell them who it’s from or not through a card sent or PM.....Gifts can be ANYTHING you choose. There is NO set dollar amount. If you are doing well and you would like to give a $50 gift that is up to you. If you are down on your luck and can only afford to send a Hunting DVD that is ok too! By signing up you are taking a chance that what you send may be worth more than what you receive, but that is NOT what this is about. This is about archers helping archers, and it is fun to receive things from hunters in different parts of the country. We all hunt different, and last year I got a spring Turkey hunt in Kansas all I had to do was get there (I will get there maybe this spring).....

So, if you want in,

#1-PM me your name and address.
#2-I will send you the name, address and AT handle of a member
#3-you will send this member a gift for Christmas.

One HUGE thing........

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO SEND A GIFT!! Last year we had a few people end up NOT sending a gift after they signed up. I will be doing my best to weed out these people, but if you PM me that you are in, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR! I will know who doesn’t send a gift, and I will haunt your PM box.

After I send you the member name you can take a look at their page and previous posts to get ideas for what they might need if you are looking to do that, or better yet, send them something you find useful that they might have not tried!! That way we can all better ourselves!

I have one more rule......No Krunchers!

One more thing, there is always a few that sign up and don’t get a gift but they send one out, that’s not right. Last year there were a few that said they would send out another gift if it got down to it and we needed someone else, so if you would want to be on that list just let me know on the pm and I will start that list now.

Crego97
:darkbeer:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to try to get the Mods to Pin this so we dont have to keep it at the top.. I think that the more people see this the more people will use it. Keep the sign ups coming.
Chad

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to try to get the Mods to Pin this so we dont have to keep it at the top.. I think that the more people see this the more people will use it. Keep the sign ups coming.
Chad

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got about 17 fellow Archers signed up already!! Keep them coming.. When you send a pm, post something here and say that you did so that we can keep this on top.
Chad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just signed up. I'll be easy to shop for. I just started archery and don't have much of anything but a bow and a rest. :teeth:

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
I am in :thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 507 Posts