Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
The girls lied.

They always told me I was one in a million....turns out I'm only one in 55,000.:D :shade:

·
Premium Member
18,022 Posts
Bobmuley said:
They always told me I was one in a million....turns out I'm only one in 55,000.:D :shade:
Really Bob? They told me the same thing!!! :mg:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Joel C said:
Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to stop by and post.

No, Thank you!!! If it wasn't for the information that I've gotten from here, I'd still be lost:confused: and shooting a XYX bow:mg:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
heilman181 said:
Was that back when you had to walk 5 miles to school, both ways, barefoot, and in 3 feet of snow? :wink:

How long has Archery Talk been established?
LOL! yeah we had to take a potato to school to keep our hands warm in the morning, and then eat it for lunch at noon. The walk home was always uphill and colder than heck without that potato. Man I missed that potato ;)

George Ryals and Terry Martin started this site in early May 2002 in response to the decision on Archery Information Network (AIN) to start charging for classifieds. People flocked over here as George (GRIV) and the rest of the pro shooters started posting here. AIN is no more, it didn't survive long after AT got running full steam, however, Bill Shiver who owned AIN is still on line somewhere with a different site. About the same time ArcherySite.net started up and they have managed to keep the lights on pretty much full time since then but they are pretty small and the topics often tend to be more social than technical. GRIV got banned last summer and has another site - ArcheryLearningCenter - that has a small following and has some pretty good shooters posting, but it is more about sharing information than about becoming a community which AT has done such a good job of becoming over the years. AT has become a sprawling community of archers and hunters and merchants where you can find just about anything and there is always somewhere that you can feel like you are at home. I just sit back in my rocking chair and watch in amazement as this site becomes the franchise for archery on the internet.

Now where is that darn potato? :hungry:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
SuperX said:
LOL! yeah we had to take a potato to school to keep our hands warm in the morning, and then eat it for lunch at noon. The walk home was always uphill and colder than heck without that potato. Man I missed that potato ;)

George Ryals and Terry Martin started this site in early May 2002 in response to the decision on Archery Information Network (AIN) to start charging for classifieds. People flocked over here as George (GRIV) and the rest of the pro shooters started posting here. AIN is no more, it didn't survive long after AT got running full steam, however, Bill Shiver who owned AIN is still on line somewhere with a different site. About the same time ArcherySite.net started up and they have managed to keep the lights on pretty much full time since then but they are pretty small and the topics often tend to be more social than technical. GRIV got banned last summer and has another site - ArcheryLearningCenter - that has a small following and has some pretty good shooters posting, but it is more about sharing information than about becoming a community which AT has done such a good job of becoming over the years. AT has become a sprawling community of archers and hunters and merchants where you can find just about anything and there is always somewhere that you can feel like you are at home. I just sit back in my rocking chair and watch in amazement as this site becomes the franchise for archery on the internet.

Now where is that darn potato? :hungry:
Thank you! Good Luck finding that "tater" - just remember they are full of carbs! :wink: What is this world coming too?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts