Archery Talk Forum banner

ArcheryTalk TOBACO QUITTERS get a Bye-week

1485 Views 26 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  acdraindrps
ArcheryTalk TOBACO QUITTERS get a Bye-week

That's right Quitters

Everyone is still in the Contest :eek:and a couple more that I either missed or forgot to add to the list.:)

The Rules committee (me, The Hood) decided that everyone is giving this a 100% try and there's no need to DQ anyone that is trying to quit.

There will be a mandatory check in between Oct 8 and 12th, 4 days to check in and give your status or you will be taken off the list:mad:.................

By the way, I have quit!:darkbeer:
hood
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,018 Posts
ttt

This has to be one of the hardest things to do..Hope we all make it to the end ,i know i will be getting the large bag of lifesavers mints because the small bag doesnt last very long :wink: good luck all

· Registered
14,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has to be one of the hardest things to do..Hope we all make it to the end ,i know i will be getting the large bag of lifesavers mints because the small bag doesnt last very long :wink: good luck all
I bought a big box of sunflower seeds from sams and they keep me busy crackin & spitting so I don't think about having a smoke.

glad to see we are doing it!

hood

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Didn't know that there was a contest, but I have been free of skoal for almost 2 months. Hoping I can get through hunting season. It is the hardest time of the year for me.

· Registered
14,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everyone in the contest gets a ArcheryTalk cap from Archerytalk.com as soon as I figure out just how to get everyones address to Pug..I will be working/thinking about this and have a answer for you soon, inless you know how to get 80 addresses in one email without spending a full day one finger typing:wink:

· Registered
356 Posts
YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!!! i quit about a year ago. Its the hardest thing Ive done ever but it can be done. Dont give up and let it control you!!! I used chantix and it was awsome! Ask your doctor if you can get some. It worked for me!

· Registered
723 Posts
everyone in the contest gets a ArcheryTalk cap from Archerytalk.com as soon as I figure out just how to get everyones address to Pug..I will be working/thinking about this and have a answer for you soon, inless you know how to get 80 addresses in one email without spending a full day one finger typing:wink:
just have everyone send you a pm with their address and copy and paste in an email and just send it to yourself... then when you get more pm's open a new email and copy all the addy's from the email you sent to yourself and add the new ones and send it to yourself again... just repeat untill you have everyones

· Registered
3,350 Posts
glad to here you have quit Hood

I am right behind you.
still on the starter pack of my chantix and will be starting the "quit" week in a couple days.

I am a quitter, how about you?

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Wow

I havent had a smoke for about a week and a half and it is actually easier than i thought. I do have the cravings still but I just think of my kid being born in 7 months and I have no problem not smoking for him or her. :darkbeer: Good luck all!

· Registered
327 Posts
Still smoke free but i'm using a nicatrol inhaler.

· Registered
303 Posts
Hang in there all

Hey, cool thread you got going here. Until July 4 2004 I chewed a can of Skoal and smoked a half a pack of Marlboro Lights daily. I quit cold turkey.
Here is what remember.
I was physicaly ill for a solid 3 months with extreme vertigo or dizziness and flu like symptoms. (fever and congestion)
Every morning for about 9 months I had the party in the shower where I coughed up (seemingly) half my lungs while they healed themselves.
At 3 months I remember telling a friend that I still thought about either chewing or smoking constantly.
It was about 6 months when I realized It had been a while since I had obsessed about chewing or smoking.
At one year I smelled cigarette smoke and was repulsed and have not wanted one since. I have actually become some what allergic to second hand smoke and try my best to stear clear.
I still LOVE the smell of Skoal or Cope and wish (on occasion) for a chew. The obsession however is completely gone.
Here is what worked for me.
1. I had a support system anchored by one person who I called daily
specificly about the smoking issue.
2. I had a set plan for what to do in situations when I felt I really needed
a fix.
3. I asked god daily to help me get through the day. (sometimes many
times a day)
I can not tell you how greatful I am that I am no longer a slave to nicotine. I breath full, deep breaths. I no longer have a weeze, nor do I have that constant congestion or cough. No more parties in the shower, bent over coughing until almost puking. I would go through twice the pain to get the end result.
I don't know if any of this helps but I felt compelled to jump in here. Good luck to all pm me if you want to yak.

· Registered
67 Posts
I recently quit also, chewing and smoking, Just stopped cold turkey one of the hardest things I've done and if I can do it you all can most of you have done it longer than me Im only 16 I was too stupid to notice how bad it affected me, hang in there you can do it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.