Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Why no INTERVIEW with the winner of the event? They were tripping over themselves to interview SECOND PLACE, however? Everyone on the chat when the shoot off and waiting for awards was hollaring for Jesse B and an interview..but why not Dietmar; afterall, he WON the event!

Isn't that sorta like, impolite or something? Surely there must be a good reason that the WINNER wasn't gaga'd and goo-goo'd over for an interview the way 2nd place was?

OR...maybe I didn't watch it far enough?

field14 (Tom D.)
Heres why from my end...
1. Jesse is a long time friend and I felt comfortable asking him for an interview...

2. He didnt quite have the crowd around him.

3. We r from Md. and alot of Md. folks were watching.

4. I dont get paid 2 do this...its just for fun

·
Registered
695 Posts
they did interview Teitmar

Come on, Field.
You know darn well why ! :)
Nobody wants some old not so good looking guy to win.
Everyone wants someone that's young and looks better to win or interview.
It's the American way ! :usa2:
They did interview him....YOu have to watch the entire shootoff video.....you will see Tim Gillingham walk up to him and say...Congrats a Puncher finally won it...I cant believe a puncher won it.....And hey congrats to Brian Helland for making it to the shootoff...Gotta love those TrueSpot Scopes.

Congrats to all of the shooters that made it to Vegas.:D

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
They did interview him....YOu have to watch the entire shootoff video.....you will see Tim Gillingham walk up to him and say...Congrats a Puncher finally won it...I cant believe a puncher won it.....And hey congrats to Brian Helland for making it to the shootoff...Gotta love those TrueSpot Scopes.

Congrats to all of the shooters that made it to Vegas.:D
Good deal. I guess I didn't watch along far enough. I stand corrected.

field14 (Tom D.)

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
anyone else having trouble viewing video from vegas?
It freezes up and stops after the practice round on my computer :(

·
Registered
695 Posts
No problems with any video here,...

I cannot believe they misspelled Deitmar's Name...I was like doesnt his name have a D in the beginning ???LOL.....well congrats to Deitmar nonetheless.....and hey good to see a wrist strap release shooter win...Michael Braden shoots one and he shoots his good too. Did anyone hear why he had an 88 ?? what in the world happened ??? I was stunned to see that. Michael Braden is a great guy....Hope all is well. Congrats again to all of the Vegas 2010 shooters !!!:D

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
I cannot believe they misspelled Deitmar's Name...I was like doesnt his name have a D in the beginning ???LOL.....well congrats to Deitmar nonetheless.....and hey good to see a wrist strap release shooter win...Michael Braden shoots one and he shoots his good too. Did anyone hear why he had an 88 ?? what in the world happened ??? I was stunned to see that. Michael Braden is a great guy....Hope all is well. Congrats again to all of the Vegas 2010 shooters !!!:D

Notice that, like the true professional he is, Michael Branden came back and shot his full round on Sunday even though he didn't stand a chance of winning a thing. This speaks very, very highly of Michael Braden.

I know many, many shooters would have just "bagged it in" and not finished up at all.

Way to go Michael Branden!

field14 (Tom D.)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great to have some video coverage! How about some of the recurve action on video, too, please?

·
Registered
695 Posts
True mettle.

Notice that, like the true professional he is, Michael Branden came back and shot his full round on Sunday even though he didn't stand a chance of winning a thing. This speaks very, very highly of Michael Braden.

I know many, many shooters would have just "bagged it in" and not finished up at all.

field14 (Tom D.)
That shows the kind of determination and drive it takes to compete at that level. He is a great archer and a good guy to match...He and his wife were both very friendly at the Outdoor Nationals in 2009...and at lancaster too. was a pleasure to meet and chat with them both.:D

·
Registered
419 Posts

field14 (Tom D.)
That shows the kind of determination and drive it takes to compete at that level. He is a great archer and a good guy to match...He and his wife were both very friendly at the Outdoor Nationals in 2009...and at lancaster too. was a pleasure to meet and chat with them both.:D

Ditto !!! Thats how you finish with your head held high. Bravo !!

·
Genesis 21:20
25,149 Posts
Dietmar's name is still Not Fixed on Vegas Page
These are the things you can expect when you don't follow "the script." ;)

Trust me. I know. :D

John.

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,112 Posts
The video on archeryhistory is about as watered down as it could get too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok so did any one wonder why there was a shoot of for second place?? I thought that you shoot untill a winner is determined and then if there are same scores shot after the winner is determined it goes by x count. Im not trying to say that Jessie didnt get second or anything i am just confused on the rule... Watching the crowed and shooters after Detmar shot, the general assumptoin was that the shoot was done and Chance got second because he had a more x's???? Does anyone know the official ruling for this?? ?? ??

·
Administrator
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I'll get a high res version for you guys after a bit.. We had problems with the server crashing at the beginning because the vendor videos were High Res.. I didn't want the server crashing again from the same problem..

K

101 - 120 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.