Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,112 Posts
I agree.. Any chance for a Hi res version like in past years?
I was reffering to the chopping to condense it down to 20 minutes. It may be blas'e for those who attended but the rest of us would really like to see every detail of the event. And yes, Hi res would be nice as well.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Shooting off for 2nd place in the Vegas tournament after losing out on 1st is like picking up a piece of leftover :slice: in the garbage. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
486 Posts
Shooting off for 2nd place in the Vegas tournament after losing out on 1st is like picking up a piece of leftover :slice: in the garbage. :thumbs_do
and you would know this feeling, how??...like when do you accomplish this amaizingly shallow feat.

·
Registered
254 Posts
10's ans x's

they had an error when they first started posting scores. everyone that shot a 300 was listed as shooting 30 x's. but that was soon corrected.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
and you would know this feeling, how??...like when do you accomplish this amaizingly shallow feat.
No, not from Archery but from competing with handguns.
Coming in second is like death when you're used to winning. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
the differance between second & third. $5400 for second $2250 for third. that is some mighty fine garbage there fighting for.:thumbs_up
It would not be about the money to me, not in the least !!!

Here are 3 quotes I remember in life and believe in them totally !

1."If you're number 1, you're the best, if you're number 2, you're nothing" Billy Ray Smith

2. "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" Vince Lombardi

3. "No second place winner" Bill Jordan

Ask the Indianapolis Colts how they feel about coming in second !

·
Registered
486 Posts
It would not be about the money to me; not in the least !!!

1."If you're number 1, you're the best, if you're number 2, you're nothing" Billy Ray Smith

Maybe so....but there is also my favorite..."winners loose more often"

Meaning pretty much that there is always someone better somewhere and there is only one number 1 spot...
You must first know how to loose gracefully in order to appreciate winning with dignity..

·
Registered
254 Posts
2nd

Meaning pretty much that there is always someone better somewhere and there is only one number 1 spot...
You must first know how to loose gracefully in order to appreciate winning with dignity..
thats right!

·
Registered
819 Posts
It would not be about the money to me, not in the least !!!

if you are that focused on only winning you will not be having fun. and for me having fun is first and formost. sure shooting good and winning is fun but the guy that does his or her best on that given day and still has fun will be hard to bring down.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts

I agree with you that one should lose gracefully and I always have outwardly.
But, I would lay odds that every archer that qualified for the shoot off after 3 days of shooting a perfect 900 was very disappointed not to have won.
Except for Dietmar, of course. :)
Some took it well but some were hurting inside more than they will ever admit.
But, like you said, only one number 1 spot so what can you do. ;)
Hey, "only one number 1 spot"; that sounds like another good quote about winning. :thumbs_up :D

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Yepper, I was taught to ALWAYS look at things this way:

In ANY competitive endeavor, there are those that haven't been beaten, and there are those that are going to be beaten, and ALL OF THEM end up in the latter category. The difference is just that most of them end up in the latter category sooner than the few others.

I remember when I was playing semi-pro racquetball, a young whipper-snapper came up to me just prior to us playing in the finals at a smaller tournament. He said to me, "I'm going to kick your ever-lovin' arse, old man." I looked at him and said, "Be my guest, cuz if you don't, then there are plenty around that are going to." He gave me the funniest look and was caught speechless.
I won that match in two games by the way: 15-12, and 15-2. By the middle of the second game he was so frustrated that his "Jack rabbit" maneuvers weren't making it easy for him that he was skipping almost everything he hit. So much for the "arse kicking" hahaha.

field14 (Tom D.)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I Think that it would be a great honnor to be second or third in Vegas... Placing in vegas is a HUGE accomplisment. When you place second or third in vegas then you can talk about how you wish you were first....... Untill then maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself... those are my friends you are talking about.... THANKS

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Placing 2nd or 3rd is fine if you don't mind that no one will ever remember your name.

·
Registered
533 Posts
needs to built up

im a target archer but compared to other sports there is hardly any reacognition only with your peers in archery the rest of the country could care less what do you guys think you dont see an archer on david letterman or opra or going to the white house lets get it some more any ideas lets hear um just thought id throw it out there did canada have a parade for ditmar i dont think so or maybe he will meet the queen ya right its a shame

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Archers watching archers.

You're right about that, Springy.
For the last several years, I have watched the shoot off at the NFAA indoor tournament.
The general public is never there to watch; the archers in the shoot off have only their peers to watch them try to win the tournament.
If an extremely painful to watch boring game like Golf made it big, why not archery ? :)

121 - 140 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.